Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Heavy pouring tonight

Was totally fucking around. I’ve watched too much Top Gear and Snatch, apparently! Lol but I do love English culture, even if they are insufferable douches 😄
The fact that I have English ancestry doesn’t make me an insufferable douche. The fact that I drive a Land Rover and a Jaguar convertible does. 😉

Badass! English “working class” as they call it, culture is pretty awesome, and very much appreciable. I absolutely love it! My pops worked In Peterborough for about 4.5 years.

my wife was born in London but grew up in Africa so she doesn't have a full on english accent

especially since she has lived in the USA for 13 years now, its only certain words that have an accent and as previously discussed certain words that she uses that Americans don't

the one that drives me nuts is she still calls cookies "biscuits" and refuses to stop

The fact that I have English ancestry doesn’t make me an insufferable douche. The fact that I drive a Land Rover and a Jaguar convertible does. 😉
This is true. But if you were actually a Brit, it’d be a safe bet that you’d either be hysterically funny, or an insufferable, uptight knob! Lol

the guy who started Tata motors is from the same town in India as my wife's Maternal family

its only 170,000 today (for india they call it a small town) and back then it was probably around 100,000

Patel Power

my wife was born in London but grew up in Africa so she doesn't have a full on english accent

especially since she has lived in the USA for 13 years now, its only certain words that have an accent and as previously discussed certain words that she uses that Americans don't

the one that drives me nuts is she still calls cookies "biscuits" and refuses to stop
That’s some serious culture. My wife’s culture consists of having grown up in nearly every white trash town of southern IL and MO.
So basically, if anyone needs a hookup with heroin, meth, or opioids, I got you! 😉

That’s some serious culture. My wife’s culture consists of having grown up in nearly every white trash town of southern IL and MO.
So basically, if anyone needs a hookup with heroin, meth, or opioids, I got you! 😉

sounds like my kind of people

also sounds a bit like London and India

London = heroin everywhere
India = opioids everywhere (literally everywhere cuz they make most of them there)

sounds like my kind of people

also sounds a bit like London and India

London = heroin everywhere
India = opioids everywhere (literally everywhere cuz they make most of them there)
No shit!? Damn, our next vacation decision just got a little more cloudy.
truthfully, I have less than zero interest in visiting India. Been to China, and being in heavily populated areas typically is just not terribly enjoyable. I do appreciate the uniqueness of the culture, but I’m looking forward to an Australian bush trip. Really excited about bringing a koala coat back for the winter 🤣

Update: Wife is “tired”- apparently from yelling at me earlier…
Am filling Yeti #3, and the keys on my phone are looking smaller and hard to decipher.
last ditch effort of flipping the song on her face while tucking her into bed is coming. Wish me luck

So.. pretty drunk, and watching Forensic Files.. just keep thinking that most of these people are really dumb, and that unless you fuck and kill someone in the shower… good luck getting away with it.
mtv awards 2019 be smart GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

No shit!? Damn, our next vacation decision just got a little more cloudy.
truthfully, I have less than zero interest in visiting India. Been to China, and being in heavily populated areas typically is just not terribly enjoyable. I do appreciate the uniqueness of the culture, but I’m looking forward to an Australian bush trip. Really excited about bringing a koala coat back for the winter 🤣

Do not go to India is the advice anybody who has been there will tell you.

Best place I’ve been is certain countries in Africa. Malawi, Zambia, Botswana, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania (in this order) now that is the Bush. Made this Sandhills Nebraska boy feel right at home.

Best place I’ve been is certain countries in Africa. Malawi, Zambia, Botswana, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania (in this order) now that is the Bush. Made this Sandhills Nebraska boy feel right at home.
Nice, would love to do that, but would be going alone unless my pops came with. Would love to fish or hunt with the locals, but not on a safari(not much for gun hunting except duck/goose/pheasant/quail/grouse). Using tribal hunting methods would be badass!

Nice, would love to do that, but would be going alone unless my pops came with. Would love to fish or hunt with the locals, but not on a safari(not much for gun hunting except duck/goose/pheasant/quail/grouse). Using tribal hunting methods would be badass!

pro tip: if you go on safari make the guide fire their gun and prove it works. 1/2 the time it’s just for show so if shit happens you’re dead mzungu (whitey)

pro tip: if you go on safari make the guide fire their gun and prove it works. 1/2 the time it’s just for show so if shit happens you’re dead mzungu (whitey)
Damn! It’d be years before I’d go. Have North American Slams to complete before I hunt elsewhere.
But African bush culture is very intriguing and I hope I get the chance. Dude, at 31, you are one lucky SOB to have done that some of that shit! Nice!

Spent about a month in Kolkata.. was a good trip, but yeah not lining up to go back.

Spent about a month in Kolkata.. was a good trip, but yeah not lining up to go back.

I’ve only been to Mumbai and southern Gujarat.

(so the totally opposite side from where you were)

the cities = hell no, the pollution was so bad it feels like you have a cold/flu the entire time

The country = will go again, no pollution and isn’t as nuts as the cities are (still crazy tho)

My wife’s grandma died last year so Covid travel bans saved me from having to go to India with my 12 month old son…. Mother of Ganpati that would have been the death of me

I’ve only been to Mumbai and southern Gujarat.

(so the totally opposite side from where you were)

the cities = hell no, the pollution was so bad it feels like you have a cold/flu the entire time

The country = will go again, no pollution and isn’t as nuts as the cities are (still crazy tho)

My wife’s grandma died last year so Covid travel bans saved me from having to go to India with my 12 month old son…. Mother of Ganpati that would have been the death of me

Yeah the pollution was something else. Good food if it didnt put you on the squatty for hours

Yeah the pollution was something else. Good food if it didnt put you on the squatty for hours

I can’t imagine what going to India for a month would do to somebody who hasn’t been hardened from years of Indian food

I had been with my wife for 7 years before I went to India so I had slowly built up immunity to the poison like the dude in Princess Bride

I can’t imagine what going to India for a month would do to somebody who hasn’t been hardened from years of Indian food

I had been with my wife for 7 years before I went to India so I had slowly built up immunity to the poison like the dude in Princess Bride
I never eat McDonalds here, but definitelly had a weeks worth of chicken nuggets while I was there,,

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back