Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Has to be a first

@What1992 & @TraditionCoalition are waging a brutal psychological warfare campaign on the lad.
I’ve actually majorly laid off him the past few months.

Rick Shaw going scorched earth on him though last night was the last straw. Rick had been hinting at dissatisfaction lately and then, boom, tossed a YOLO bomb. Dean didn’t handle it well.

Starting to feel bad for old Deano.

Just on the scrolls. Sean is adding more resppnses to yesterday’s chat questions. Don’t think I’ve ever noticed that before.
His wife probably wants a Peleton for Christmas and Baller Dean probably used a GroupOn to buy it. If people cancel their subscriptions and his nest egg dries up he can't get a money back refund from GroupOn.

Rick truly broke Dean:
My assumption about how this soured so much is that Rick likely was getting comped for over a decade, and then suddenly lost access and had to start paying. Probably way off, but he seems to have soured real quick and is taking jabs pretty consistently before throwing that haymaker

Dean - I wish I had time to listen to more podcasts. I probably spend way to much time on the board and it's honestly taking a lot out of me. There are days when I need to learn to walk away vs. trying to take people on.

man, he really seems beaten down. I almost feel bad for him.

My assumption about how this soured so much is that Rick likely was getting comped for over a decade, and then suddenly lost access and had to start paying. Probably way off, but he seems to have soured real quick and is taking jabs pretty consistently before throwing that haymaker
Probably an ignorant question, but who is Rick Shaw and why would he be comped/suddenly lose access?

Probably an ignorant question, but who is Rick Shaw and why would he be comped/suddenly lose access?

You need to have been on the scrolls for a long time to know much of Rick.

I think he ran a lot of the message board stuff, and even wrote recruiting articles back before Dean and Matya bought Roz out and Huskers Illustrated bolted for 247.

In my memory, he's been mostly quiet for a long time, but has become more outspoken in the past year or so.

In addition to my previous post, Rick has, in the past 11 months, gone to bat defending Dean and Matya while describing the evolution of the site, then being super critical of Dean more recently.

There are a few historical RRS members that have gone from great poster -> shitty poster -> gone from RSS.

I remember when RedCap was one of my favorite posters. He woke up in Georgia each morning and posted a daily list of links to every NU sports-related news article that was available before I had climbed out of bed. He was fun to interact with for a while, and provided a great service to the board. I can't remember now when or why that changed, but he became almost as negative about everything as wwstormkink is these days, then either voluntarily went away or was given an all-inclusive ticket to Detroit.

In conclusion, people change, but it seems like they only change for the worse.

In addition to my previous post, Rick has, in the past 11 months, gone to bat defending Dean and Matya while describing the evolution of the site, then being super critical of Dean more recently.

There are a few historical RRS members that have gone from great poster -> shitty poster -> gone from RSS.

I remember when RedCap was one of my favorite posters. He woke up in Georgia each morning and posted a daily list of links to every NU sports-related news article that was available before I had climbed out of bed. He was fun to interact with for a while, and provided a great service to the board. I can't remember now when or why that changed, but he became almost as negative about everything as wwstormkink is these days, then either voluntarily went away or was given an all-inclusive ticket to Detroit.

In conclusion, people change, but it seems like they only change for the worse.
If memory serves correct, RedCap was a super Boliever and took all of that transition VERY personally. Standing by their Bo led more than a few to madness.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back