Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Great Thread on RSS about NSD. (1 Viewer)

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Oh wait...I guess I was imaging that. It's a recruiting website and even though Nebraska is sitting today out, there is literally zero information about NSD.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I’d like to hear people’s opinions on having two signing days. What’s the purpose?

Im a fan of just one. It seems like the first one comes out of nowhere, players sign, coaches leave their schools, players are stuck and going to transfer. Then the second one is full of kids who are likely going to flake anyway because they couldn’t even make a decision by the first period.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I personally like how basketball recruiting is structured with a early signing day of November 11th and then the late one is April 14th (that's this years dates). It let's kids get their commit out of the way before their season starts...if they choose. If not, they have plenty of time to evaluate options. Far less drama, which is great imo. Granted the number of scholarships in basketball are obviously lower.

If I remember correctly, the current recruiting periods in football were sort of a compromise to get 2 periods started. I think they were hoping to either move 1st period up and/or the second period back.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I’d like to hear people’s opinions on having two signing days. What’s the purpose?

Im a fan of just one. It seems like the first one comes out of nowhere, players sign, coaches leave their schools, players are stuck and going to transfer. Then the second one is full of kids who are likely going to flake anyway because they couldn’t even make a decision by the first period.
Wish they did an early signing day in August and then again in February.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds