Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

GREAT Day to be a Fan (1 Viewer)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
My favorite media happening occurs today. I don’t just mean the New Head Coach Presser, which I love. No, this is something much more tried and true. Something much more pure. Something more reliable than the gawtdamned clock.

Today, we get to watch a pre-announced, BIG MOMENT, all eyes on our program press conference. And that means that Dean has been sitting for days now, knowing that he gets his shot. Knowing that he gets to be the focal point for a minute. He gets to win over, impress, and ingratiate himself to the new Czar.

This one question will be a microcosm of who Dean is, and will define him permanently in the eyes of a man who’s never heard of him (his appearance will already give an idea - looking like a penis with ears). Here’s one thing we know in that scenario, it’s going to be a doozy that first question. And I don’t mean in a good way.

Frost’s first presser of this past season, we had something to the effect of this:

Scott goes on his monologue about how great his new (forced on him) staff is working together. There are bumps and they are figuring it out, but he loves the new team of coaches he has. They are gelling, they are learning all about one another, that’s been a main focus since assembling them all together. It’s going great.

Enter Dean, question numero uno: “so, coach, what everyone’s been wondering…how is the new staff doing together?”

What will Dean’s too-long-to-prepare-so-he’s-sure-to-blow-it question be today? If our new head man is worth half his big boned (not fat) weight in gold, he will spot Dean the asshat in a jiffy.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Press Conference

Turd opening statements complete, Coach Rhules opening statement complete…

Keith Mann: Few questions for the coach?

Dean: Uh, um…hi coach, Sean Callahan here with OnStar Three…um now that you are here at Nebraska and because these situations are always fluid…um and with my integrity as a reporter being what it is, can we officially say you are the head coach of Nebraska here today?

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
"Have you had a chance to talk with Coach Osborne?"
Ok - this is fantastic. For 2 reasons - 1) It's so stupid that we have to ask that EVERY SINGLE TIME - and 2) That's all that's been talked about all weekend with Rhule accepting...spoke to Osborne, spoke to Osborne, spoke to Osborne

For Dean to ask if he's spoken to Osborne would be SO on brand.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Dean's big moment:

"How important is this first week, to get the roster stuff figured out, but to learn NIL and recruiting as you go on the road?"

THERE IT IS BABY! How important is your start to your employment....

Judas.

Rhule's final answer (paraphrased): "My tenure here isn't up to what we do in the next 4 days, but it's more about how we do things for the long haul"

You gotta love it.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Press Conference

Turd opening statements complete, Coach Rhules opening statement complete…

Keith Mann: Few questions for the coach?

Dean: Uh, um…hi coach, Sean Callahan here with OnStar Three…um now that you are here at Nebraska and because these situations are always fluid…um and with my integrity as a reporter being what it is, can we officially say you are the head coach of Nebraska here today?
Well I wasn't far off...Amazing first question by Dean

Dean: Coach Rhule, do you think your first week is gonna be busy???

Rhule: *What kind of question is that?* "Yeah, it's gonna be busy. Going to talk to the players today, then coaches, and then we need to get on recruiting. Won't sleep much, but gotta put in the work."

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds