Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread (1 Viewer)

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I’ve all three multiple times and would strongly disagree with that. Paynes is the worst course of the 3. Typical resort course that you can hit it all over. Ozark National, buffalo ridge and then Payne’s valley.
I mean I don’t necessarily disagree with that. I think recency bias is in effect also love the clubhouse at paynes.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ve been a fan of Homa since he was more known for his twitter game than for being in contention to win PGA Tour events. Seems like such a cool, funny, down to earth guy. Really hope he gets a major soon.
Yeah. Would require scottie not winning them all though. He’s inevitable right now.

gtlacey

Defensive Lineman
Yeah. Would require scottie not winning them all though. He’s inevitable right now.
He's incredible right now, best we've seen in a while. But Scottie's chances of winning them all this year alone is probably less than 5%. He's +800 for the PGA, which is basically 11%. Those will probably be his odds for the Open and US Open as well. Which puts him at 11%^3= 0.1331%. If Tiger couldn't do it, I don't know if we'll ever see someone do it.

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I mean I don’t necessarily disagree with that. I think recency bias is in effect also love the clubhouse at paynes.
The clubhouse at Payne’s is amazing. Best one out there and for a public course one of the best I’ve ever been to. If you are going there once, you should play all 3 but I’ve taken friends down to golf and generally no one says Payne’s is the best.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ve been a fan of Homa since he was more known for his twitter game than for being in contention to win PGA Tour events. Seems like such a cool, funny, down to earth guy. Really hope he gets a major soon.
He's been on Bob Does Sports a couple times too and is genuinely hilarious.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's incredible right now, best we've seen in a while. But Scottie's chances of winning them all this year alone is probably less than 5%. He's +800 for the PGA, which is basically 11%. Those will probably be his odds for the Open and US Open as well. Which puts him at 11%^3= 0.1331%. If Tiger couldn't do it, I don't know if we'll ever see someone do it.
+450 at the PGA
+500 at Open
+550 at USOpen
+6500 to win the slam this year

I agree probably won’t happen but man he’s on fire

gtlacey

Defensive Lineman
+450 at the PGA
+500 at Open
+550 at USOpen
+6500 to win the slam this year

I agree probably won’t happen but man he’s on fire
Wow, they've come down a bit since last I checked. He's the first one I remember since Speith in 2015 where you think this guy could pull off the slam.

Also, what's pretty crazy is that April 14th is the latest tournament in the calendar year he's ever won. I imagine that will change this year though.

1713209978549.png

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The clubhouse at Payne’s is amazing. Best one out there and for a public course one of the best I’ve ever been to. If you are going there once, you should play all 3 but I’ve taken friends down to golf and generally no one says Payne’s is the best.
Fun fact: Coach Cook has a private locker at Paynes

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds