Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf - Landmand (1 Viewer)

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I played Caprock last Sunday and Landman on Oct 6-7. Excited to see how they compare. I don’t like that Landman is par 73 because if I make 17 bogies and a par I don’t break 90.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
co-workers are playing Landmand sometime soon too, if not this weekend. OP you wouldn't happen to be a soccer ref would you?

I got an invite to play Lost Rail sometime in Oct...Dude who invited me is busy with all the Husker shit going on so Oct it is...can't wait!!

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
73 is an odd number for par...and an odd number too.

not a fan
You could argue that you have more scoring opportunities because there’s an extra par 5, but I prefer more traditional par 70-72.

Having said that, one of the best golf courses I’ve ever played is Wannamoisett in RI. CB MacDonald Donny Ross designed it as a par 69.

Last edited:

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
You could argue that you have more scoring opportunities because there’s an extra par 5, but I prefer more traditional par 70-72.

Having said that, one of the best golf courses I’ve ever played is Wannamoisett in RI. CB MacDonald designed it as a par 69.
Wannamoisset is a par 69, but a Donald Ross design. Sorry to nitpick!

I’ve yet to see Landman, but the amount of dirt they moved is pretty remarkable. They went for pure maximalism, but I wonder if there was a way to create a more walkable routing that draped over the land and required less earthwork.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wannamoisset is a par 69, but a Donald Ross design. Sorry to nitpick!

I’ve yet to see Landman, but the amount of dirt they moved is pretty remarkable. They went for pure maximalism, but I wonder if there was a way to create a more walkable routing that draped over the land and required less earthwork.
Yep, you’re total right on Ross Vs CB. Thanks for nitpicking!

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
co-workers are playing Landmand sometime soon too, if not this weekend. OP you wouldn't happen to be a soccer ref would you?

I got an invite to play Lost Rail sometime in Oct...Dude who invited me is busy with all the Husker shit going on so Oct it is...can't wait!!
Definitely not a soccer ref. Lost Rail is super exclusive...you will have to report back on that track.

RoscoePound

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Landman was a great track. I heard there were a lot of "mickey mouse" greens before I played but they weren't too bad. There are definitely a couple holes where you couldn't put the flag in more than a ten foot radius but most were just large greens (similar to Dismal). I liked the no-frills atmosphere; the food truck was a unique touch. I would recommend.

kchusker1423

Linebacker
Elite Member
Played 36 again yesterday. The greens are starting to bake out. Rest of the course is in pretty great condition considering the dry winter and spring.

Rise to Power

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
tPB OG
I played a couple weeks ago - we got the full wind treatment the day we were there.

Not entirely sure what to think of the course - it is fun to play, challenging but not hard and a bit of a novelty.

I would have liked to play a second round. There are so many blind shots and false fronts that make the first round quite exploratory.

The varying handicaps on holes dependent on wind direction is unique - and probably justified with the elevation changes.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds