Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Garage Sales: Help me understand...

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
the type of guy that goes to these things? Or Rummage sales?

If you over a certain income level? Intelligence level? or Busyness level? Why in the world would a man do these things?

giphy.gif

If you over a certain income level? Intelligence level? or Busyness level? Why in the world would a man do these things?
My wife does one every year. Had a lawn tractor and a zero turn...put both up for sale and was going keep the one that didn't sell...well, both were offered on that I was satisfied with...and sold them both....and bought a better zero turn....ZFG.

I have a friend who makes a shitload of money as a reseller. He goes to garage sales and finds items that cost him $5 that he flips for $250 on online. His wife quit her full-time job to work the shipping and sales side of it because they were making so much money.

I enjoy stopping at yard sales from time to time, looking for vinyl. If you're lucky, you can snag someone's entire collection for pennies on the dollar.

I have a friend who makes a shitload of money as a reseller. He goes to garage sales and finds items that cost him $5 that he flips for $250 on online. His wife quit her full-time job to work the shipping and sales side of it because they were making so much money.

I enjoy stopping at yard sales from time to time, looking for vinyl. If you're lucky, you can snag someone's entire collection for pennies on the dollar.
I have a buddy that is a notorious flipper of small engine stuff. He's really good at it. Will buy scooters, mopeds, lawn mowers that don't run from people for pennies on the dollar. He'll get it running and flip it in a hurry. Fucker bought a scooter that didn't run for $100 bucks...all it needed was a new battery...sold it for $1200....

I have a buddy that is a notorious flipper of small engine stuff. He's really good at it. Will buy scooters, mopeds, lawn mowers that don't run from people for pennies on the dollar. He'll get it running and flip it in a hurry. Fucker bought a scooter that didn't run for $100 bucks...all it needed was a new battery...sold it for $1200....
Yep. A lot of money to be made. You just have to know what you're looking for and have the inclination to spend your weekends going to garage and estate sales. My buddy also hits Goodwill and the like literally every day on his lunch break. He loves doing it.

My wife does one every year. Had a lawn tractor and a zero turn...put both up for sale and was going keep the one that didn't sell...well, both were offered on that I was satisfied with...and sold them both....and bought a better zero turn....ZFG.
came here to say we sold a golf cart on ours for way more than we gave for it. wasnt even for sale someone offered. ZFG as well

Not into garage sales anymore, but I moved onto Amazon returns auctions. Most items are 65-80% off retail and still new.

Regardless of income level there is satisfaction in saving money and getting crap for cheap.
Where do you find these at?

Now that you all mention it I may have a garage sale so I can get people to come get the shit I don't want anymore...
Last time we moved, my wife boxed up a bunch of shit that hasn't left the boxes...we're moving again soon....going to send her on some girls trip and throw all that shit out. Done with it.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back