Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fuck me.. (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I was having a good night. My son and the middle school team beat a team the middle school had never beaten. Shortly after our high school team beat the #2 team in the state (class below us)

Told the other coaches don’t tell me or text me what’s going on in the Husker game I’m gonna watch it when I get home.

Fucking 4 texts telling me Nebraska blew it while I wasn’t even to half time yet. I know you’re thinking “at least you didn’t have to watch it” but I wanted to watch it…now I can’t. Just don’t have it in me.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Sad Tim Curry GIF

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
You should have just turned off your phone. I've been in your situation numerous times since the smart phone era, and found if I really don't want to know or find out anything about the game, I gotta shut my phone off, and even that is usually not enough often. I haven't lived in Nebraska for 22 years now, so it is easier to not see the score or outcome than it would be if living in Nebraska, but it is still damn tough to be out anywhere in this day and age and still be able to "watch a recorded game cold" as I call it. In other words, watch the DVR of the game without already having the score or outcome leaked to you somehow, someway.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
You should have just turned off your phone. I've been in your situation numerous times since the smart phone era, and found if I really don't want to know or find out anything about the game, I gotta shut my phone off, and even that is usually not enough often. I haven't lived in Nebraska for 22 years now, so it is easier to not see the score or outcome than it would be if living in Nebraska, but it is still damn tough to be out anywhere in this day and age and still be able to "watch a recorded game cold" as I call it. In other words, watch the DVR of the game without already having the score or outcome leaked to you somehow, someway.
Yeah I turned off notifications but my watch was connected and originally we were texting about the game we had just coached in and things that needed to be done this weekend. Totally sucked.

My 13 year old had seen the score at 10-3 or 7-3 and was excited to watch it with me. Then we get the text that Nebraska blew it and he just put his head down and said "I'm going to bed"

Felt terrible for him. Just beat a big rival in his middle school game, riding on cloud 9. Fucking Huskers ruined it for him. 13 years old and never seen a good Husker team. How he continues to be a fan is amazing to me.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Yeah I turned off notifications but my watch was connected and originally we were texting about the game we had just coached in and things that needed to be done this weekend. Totally sucked.

My 13 year old had seen the score at 10-3 or 7-3 and was excited to watch it with me. Then we get the text that Nebraska blew it and he just put his head down and said "I'm going to bed"

Felt terrible for him. Just beat a big rival in his middle school game, riding on cloud 9. Fucking Huskers ruined it for him. 13 years old and never seen a good Husker team. How he continues to be a fan is amazing to me.

I hear you, it is hard to not find out the score/outcome with how connected we all are electronically these days. I have had a smart watch I've worn consistently for 5 years now, and had the original Samsung smartwatch probably 10 years ago. I just got the new Galaxy watch 6 to replace my watch 4. I often put the watch in theater or night time mode, which completely silences it. Night time mode not a single notification or anything can come through. It still tracks your sleep, all the health tracking stuff, etc, but the screen is off and notifications are off. I have the night time mode synced from my watch to my phone, so neither will/can do anything (without me turning off night time mode) while in this state. The only thing it allows is your alarm to go off.

But even with your own personal electronic devices off, it can still be hard to not somehow be told or see/hear the score or outcome.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was having a good night. My son and the middle school team beat a team the middle school had never beaten. Shortly after our high school team beat the #2 team in the state (class below us)

Told the other coaches don’t tell me or text me what’s going on in the Husker game I’m gonna watch it when I get home.

Fucking 4 texts telling me Nebraska blew it while I wasn’t even to half time yet. I know you’re thinking “at least you didn’t have to watch it” but I wanted to watch it…now I can’t. Just don’t have it in me.
Do what I did. Turn your phone off for a few hours so you don't have to view texts, message boards, etc.

Rarely get a text when something good happens. Just about how we suck. LMAO

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds