Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fuck, I just realized that if we fire Frost tomorrow we're still stuck with Chinander (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was allowing myself to get excited about Alberts finding a way to negotiate an early termination with Frost by Monday.

But then I remembered that'd we'd be stuck with Chinander for the rest of the year. I'd like to see if the players can rally around Whipple or Mickey for the last 8-9 games of the year but Chin sucks so much rhino cock that he'd fuck over any chance we have at winning some of these remaining games.

Can we fire Chin too by Monday? Who would step into DC role? Dawson?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I was allowing myself to get excited about Alberts finding a way to negotiate an early termination with Frost by Monday.

But then I remembered that'd we'd be stuck with Chinander for the rest of the year. I'd like to see if the players can rally around Whipple or Mickey for the last 8-9 games of the year but Chin sucks so much rhino cock that he'd fuck over any chance we have at winning some of these remaining games.

Can we fire Chin too by Monday? Who would step into DC role? Dawson?
Chin has to go the same minute that Frost is let go

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Chin plays a soft/weak style. He needs to go. Our offense, despite our putrid O Line, actually moves the ball and can score points. Sure, it shits the bed at poor times also, but overall this years defense is reason #1 we suck out loud.

Get rid of Chin when Frost is canned. Have Busch or someone be the interim DC - hopefully someone who will bring some aggression and pulse to the defense. I realize the overall defensive talent is lacking, but hell, why wait to make a change (after Frost is canned on Oct 2nd) - let someone else give it a try for the last half of the season.

Next season, we have better paid for and brought in a top level head coach, who has also brought in high level assistants. What we've been doing... hasn't been working. I disliked Chins style from word Go, last season was the best of the worst, but overall it has been soft and bad. New HC next season (if not a guy with winning history and clout, then we done fucked up), can bring in his DC of choice. Anyone would be better than this soft pinkshirt shit.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Guys, Busch doesn’t even know our defense. He can’t take it over mid season, and trying to install a new scheme mid season would be an even bigger disaster than what we’re already witnessing. We all just need to accept that this year is fucked.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Guys, Busch doesn’t even know our defense. He can’t take it over mid season, and trying to install a new scheme mid season would be an even bigger disaster than what we’re already witnessing. We all just need to accept that this year is fucked.
It's in the toilet. It's fine. Just tell the interim to tell him to play dudes who might be back next season

Mustangblood

Cornerback
Elite Member
Chin plays a soft/weak style. He needs to go. Our offense, despite our putrid O Line, actually moves the ball and can score points. Sure, it shits the bed at poor times also, but overall this years defense is reason #1 we suck out loud.

Get rid of Chin when Frost is canned. Have Busch or someone be the interim DC - hopefully someone who will bring some aggression and pulse to the defense. I realize the overall defensive talent is lacking, but hell, why wait to make a change (after Frost is canned on Oct 2nd) - let someone else give it a try for the last half of the season.

Next season, we have better paid for and brought in a top level head coach, who has also brought in high level assistants. What we've been doing... hasn't been working. I disliked Chins style from word Go, last season was the best of the worst, but overall it has been soft and bad. New HC next season (if not a guy with winning history and clout, then we done fucked up), can bring in his DC of choice. Anyone would be better than this soft pinkshirt shit.
You aren’t wrong on a majority of this, but last years defense was good. Yes he’s been bad every other year but he had the perfect storm last year with a lot of very old talented guys but the defense was solid and probably the best we’ve had since 09.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
You aren’t wrong on a majority of this, but last years defense was good. Yes he’s been bad every other year but he had the perfect storm last year with a lot of very old talented guys but the defense was solid and probably the best we’ve had since 09.
Banker's last year was better

Minute Man

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
On the plus side, the Chinaner (d eliminated for obvious reasons) has let the over hit 3 for 3.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
The Devils Rejects GIF by hero0fwar

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was the 62 points surrendered to Ohio State the most impressive performance to you? Or did you really buy in after they gave up 40 to Cockeye and 38 to Tennessee?

That entire season was built on false hope from playing the easiest schedule ever to start, and then getting completely exposed for how shitty they were once they played anyone with a pulse.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

Last years defense was pretty decent, but for the reasons you stated - some true NFL level play makers on that D, some older guys with an extra Covid year. But we still lost 9 games.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Travis Vokolek's dad is a sr d analyst. He has coached 25 years, 10 or 12 as these as a college DC (although lower level - UNI and Missouri St). If we had to have an in-house guy he'd likely be the best fit.

In his role he has to be familiar with the installed D and the players.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds