Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Frost's Mental State

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I posted this in the RSS chat yesterday but Dean chose to complain that everyone was asking the same 3 questions over and over instead of respond, so I figured I'd bring it over to you guys haha. It was kinda inspired by someone speculating that Frost has CTE, which seems harsh and hopefully untrue, but did get me wondering about the big shift he's had in his personality.

It's hard not to look back to 2017 and remember the fun freewheeling player's coach who could plug-and-play guys into his genius system and run the program like a big fun family. By the end of year 3 at his alma mater he's sullen, stubborn, and making personnel and playcalling decisions that are bizarre at best as we struggle over and over. Unfortunately, he seems utterly lost. He looks like he's aged 15 years. Is it just the pressure and failure taking its toll? Is it possible for him to get out from under this huge dark cloud? I feel awful for the guy honestly, all money and power aside it has to fucking SUCK to go back to your beloved alma mater as the hero to end all heroes, only to faceplant. I truly wonder if he regrets the decision to come to NU, and if he'd be struggling this badly anywhere else.

I know it's a weird unanswerable question in some ways, but what is your sense of Frost's mental state right now?

usa_today_9679357.0.jpg
frost-fleck-1024x683.jpg

Losing takes a noticeable toll on him. I remember year 1 at Nebraska when they were 0-6 he looked like crap in person. He plain looked sick, lost weight, dark bags under his eyes, lethargic. They go on that 4-1 run and hanging with OSU. During that stretch he became a completely different person visibly and emotionally.

Losing takes a noticeable toll on him. I remember year 1 at Nebraska when they were 0-6 he looked like crap in person. He plain looked sick, lost weight, dark bags under his eyes, lethargic. They go on that 4-1 run and hanging with OSU. During that stretch he became a completely different person visibly and emotionally.
Sounds like pretty typical work stress

I would hope after a period of decompression that he and the rest of the staff get some insight from some external analysts (with no ties to NU) regarding their prep for games and practice habits that may contribute to some of the on-field performance issues.
it seems like he may be so deep in the weeds, and trying everything he can think of but not seeing substantive result of all the effort. It has clearly put a heavy burden on him, and that is not a recipe for sound judgment.

I agree with everything you said besides the CTE stuff (look at Pat Fitzgerald). I do think if he stayed at UCF he would be thriving, but I dont think Frost is that good of a coach. Hopefully he can figure it out. He has not caught any breaks lately: Dad passing, Covid, apparently troubles with the Mrs. And he doesnt help his cause by playing the blame game constantly

I agree with everything you said besides the CTE stuff (look at Pat Fitzgerald). I do think if he stayed at UCF he would be thriving, but I dont think Frost is that good of a coach. Hopefully he can figure it out. He has not caught any breaks lately: Dad passing, Covid, apparently troubles with the Mrs. And he doesnt help his cause by playing the blame game constantly
Trouble with the Mrs?... Uh oh..

I wish most of our fans would just shut the fuck up and let him try and do his thing instead of stepping on his neck during this shitty year/weird season.

Sounds like pretty typical work stress

Exactly - typical work stress IMO.

It also means he cares a lot, and that he wears his emotions on his sleeve. Remember the speech willing us to the national title after the 97 Tennessee game? He's a passionate person....maybe too emotional to be a head coach? I think that's why he sometimes struggles in pressers. I believe he struggles with what to say and not to say, and cares what people think. If you asked him, he'd say IDGAF, but deep down he cares what N fans are saying.

Counseling would probably help him immensely after the season.

It also means he cares a lot, and that he wears his emotions on his sleeve. Remember the speech willing us to the national title after the 97 Tennessee game? He's a passionate person....maybe too emotional to be a head coach? I think that's why he sometimes struggles in pressers. I believe he struggles with what to say and not to say, and cares what people think. If you asked him, he'd say IDGAF, but deep down he cares what N fans are saying.

I think he probably just needs to go hunt for a week with his phone off. Let the assistants deal with shit.

I wish we just wouldn’t make the head coach do all of the pressers. There’s not really any upside. I suppose you gotta keep the entire state media employed.

get hammered, get laid, and run the damn ball. Would solve a lot of issues.

Underrated. It's a amazing what a drinking binge and chasing women will do for your soul. Don't see him establishing the run however.

Also, like someone mentioned let the assistants handle a presser here and there. Can't have them handle too much, or the potatoes will complain that he's not involved enough.

Trouble with the Mrs?... Uh oh..

I wish most of our fans would just shut the fuck up and let him try and do his thing instead of stepping on his neck during this shitty year/weird season.
The trouble with the wife is pure speculation. Hasn’t been wearing wedding ring all year and people reading into that. I don’t put anything on that at all. I’m on my fifth ring. Keep losing them.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back