Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Frost Press Conference

I think the difference is McCaffrey was an athlete trying to play qb. Smothers is a qb playing qb.
You've seen Smothers play?

Interested GIF by reactionseditor

I said "I think". I do not know but Smothers did pretty damn well in high school and have heard pretty good things about him, so I'm led to believe he might be an actual QB. I know it's a very foreign concept for all of us.

I don't disagree Frost and Verdu have yet to prove being good evaluators of talent at QB. Now pass me some more Kool-aid.

Wished Frost would have answered that head on. Loved the heat with that one from Sam. I'm sure Frost hears it behind the scenes though.

Yeah I agree...it seemed like it took Fat Sam about 2 minutes to spit it out of his mouth, lol. Frost would looks a lot better if he addressed some of those elephants in the room instead of giving his standard "I know where this is going..." response.

I really wish he would take a more TO approach when talking about kids.

That way he doesn't put his foot in his mouth As much.

No fucking way Luke was a future at QB

I feel like he does it because he feels the player(s) that he mention are guys that need to hear it. Unfortunately the days of TO are well gone in this industry and guys can leave at the drop of a hat. Egos need to be stroked and it’s a fine line that needs to be walked. I don’t believe it truly felt CM was the future but didn’t want to lose him.

I feel like he does it because he feels the player(s) that he mention are guys that need to hear it. Unfortunately the days of TO are well gone in this industry and guys can leave at the drop of a hat. Egos need to be stroked and it’s a fine line that needs to be walked. I don’t believe it truly felt CM was the future but didn’t want to lose him.
Obviously a line between making sure you give guys love publicly and saying things that make you look like a mook.

I can really see that.....

He just benched Luke and he needed confidence to keep his head up to grind.

If Smothers shows up and is confident maybe he doesn't need to go to the portal for a QB. If he is ready maybe he helps win a game in the fall.

Yeah I agree...it seemed like it took Fat Sam about 2 minutes to spit it out of his mouth, lol. Frost would looks a lot better if he addressed some of those elephants in the room instead of giving his standard "I know where this is going..." response.
I'm not one that gives a damn about "PR" or thinks how someone looks to the media in that sense is super important, because I hate political correctness. But, we all know those former players do have a say in what happens in this program behind closed doors. And Frost being their former team mate, and them being his former team mates, and how the tenure has gone so far, you just need all the support you can get from the people that matter. And it doesn't help that social media gives people an outlet to talk shit when they're pissed. But, it is what it is.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back