Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Frank to the HOF (1 Viewer)

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Woodhead I can see.

Solich? What did he do other than achieve long-term mediocrity as an HC. Or is it based on his playing days and coaching under T.O.?
He is the winningest coach in MAC history. Prior to him being hired, Ohio had gone to 2 bowls in their entire history with the last one being in 1968. Under his coaching, Ohio went to 11 bowl games in his 15 years (didn't get bowl invites the two years he went .500). He only had a sub-.500 record 2 times while he was there, whereas the 20 years prior to him coming there, they were only .500 and above 3 times. That is all beside his .750 winning percentage at Nebraska with a National title game appearance. I mean he is top 40 in all-time wins as a head coach.

Not sure why people still want to bash on him, as he was pretty obviously a solid football coach. He may not have been great, but he was still a good head coach.

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
He is the winningest coach in MAC history. Prior to him being hired, Ohio had gone to 2 bowls in their entire history with the last one being in 1968. Under his coaching, Ohio went to 11 bowl games in his 15 years (didn't get bowl invites the two years he went .500). He only had a sub-.500 record 2 times while he was there, whereas the 20 years prior to him coming there, they were only .500 and above 3 times. That is all beside his .750 winning percentage at Nebraska with a National title game appearance. I mean he is top 40 in all-time wins as a head coach.

Not sure why people still want to bash on him, as he was pretty obviously a solid football coach. He may not have been great, but he was still a good head coach.
I asked, you answered. Thanks.

I wasn’t necessarily bashing him, per se. I still didn’t like him as Husker HC though. We could have done far better at that time.

But if you think about, his long term success was in the MAC.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I asked, you answered. Thanks.

I wasn’t necessarily bashing him, per se. I still didn’t like him as Husker HC though. We could have done far better at that time.

But if you think about, his long term success was in the MAC.
He's sort of a Fred Taylor situation - maybe not elite, but he was really good at a lot of things for a really long time.

Good fullback & second leading rusher on some conference championship teams.

Assistant coach for almost 20 years in one of the most dominant position group rooms in the country.

Top 10 team 3 of 6 seasons at Nebraska, including a national title game appearance.

Sustained MAC success for 16 years at a school that had been a dumpster fire.

Quite a compilation for one career.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds