Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

For those in the know on Smothers (1 Viewer)

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Is he going to be any good? Seems people coming out of the woodwork on tater island saying he won’t ever play here

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
If he was good he'd be playing. I'm not in the know, but I think it's been reported he takes no first team reps

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
Sounds like Milton is going to Florida State, that was our last hope at the qb position 😂

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
If he was good he'd be playing. I'm not in the know, but I think it's been reported he takes no first team reps
Considering Frost’s love affair with 2AM I’m not sure this is an accurate statement. I’ve actually watched a lot of film on Smothers and he def killed it in high school but how do you know how that translates to the next level??

I’d love to see him get some snaps on Friday.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Considering Frost’s love affair with 2AM I’m not sure this is an accurate statement. I’ve actually watched a lot of film on Smothers and he def killed it in high school but how do you know how that translates to the next level??

His offer list was pretty weak. That is what scares me.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

I don't know. But if reports are to be believed that he hasn't been taking reps with the 1s this seems like the desperate grasping at straws we've done every year when our team sucks

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't know. But if reports are to be believed that he hasn't been taking reps with the 1s this seems like the desperate grasping at straws we've done every year when our team sucks
Just look at WR though. Better talent does not equal game reps.

@kenyanfeline I don't remember any comments from waterboy about Smothers. Have you talked about him at all?

@alt f4 you see him at all in scrimmages?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

@kenyanfeline I don't remember any comments from waterboy about Smothers. Have you talked about him at all?

I should clarify that I'm not saying he isn't talented or won't be good some day. I'm just saying that it's unlikely he's ready to play at this point if he hasn't already been tried in this shit show of a season. But again if someone who has seen him in practice says I'm wrong, I'm wrong

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I should clarify that I'm not saying he isn't talented or won't be good some day. I'm just saying that it's unlikely he's ready to play at this point if he hasn't already been tried in this shit show of a season. But again if someone who has seen him in practice says I'm wrong, I'm wrong
Oh. Yeah I think thats a safe assumption that he isn't ready.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member

I was actually going to post earlier that I decided for the last edition of EPP this Friday, that was going to be my main segment. I talked to Waterboy about it quite a bit today actually and got some decent info. Up until today Smothers has mostly been an afterthought in our conversations since it has obviously been a 2-horse race in the QB room.

I’m gonna pull a Deab and say “I’ll have more info in EPP on Friday.” But in the meantime, I’ll tell you that it is mostly encouraging.

@alt f4 feel free to add anything now or to my post in EPP on Thursday night.

Most of what I have as of now is how he stacks up relatively against AM and LM in terms of arm strength, accuracy, athleticism, etc.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
giphy.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds