Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Football Uniforms (1 Viewer)

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Just don’t ever wear anything like this ever again

adidas-Nebraska-Unrivaled-Uniform_FRONT.jpg

beat me to it

80s pizza GIF

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Saw on Reddit some throwback jerseys are in a team store. Maybe we're wearing them again this year.

Screenshot_20240719-130158.png

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I don’t really care about alternates one way or another, but why even bother if that’s the slop adidas throws together?
I wonder if it's more us than them.

I could see a bunch of blue hairs on the approval committee saying we don't want anything too flashy around here we ain't no Oregon.

I don't remember seeing what any other teams alternates look like from them so it could be them too.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

I could see a bunch of blue hairs on the approval committee saying we don't want anything too flashy around here we ain't no Oregon.

I don't remember seeing what any other teams alternates look like from them so it could be them too.
Or maybe it's the blonde, caublanasian, black and brunette Gen Z'ers on the approval committee that are going all throwback.

Makes you think...

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member

I think it's a combination. In 2012, Nebraska and Wisconsin both wore those stupid Noid onsies. Both schools had to sign off on that, although I could see Osborne and Alvarez both giving those designs the nod.

But Adidas seems to miss the mark more often than not, and it's not just Nebraska that gets egg on their face.Adidas somehow didn't realize that they designed the Number 4 for the German soccer team so the number 44 looked like the Nazi SS symbol. Back to Nebraska, some of the color combinations are just bad. Red print doesn't read well on black.

Nebraska really is known for its simplicity in its brand. Beyond the candy cane stripings on the pants in certain years (and the debacle of 2002), there is very little flare given to the uniform beyond the "Winning Tradition" patch on the left shoulder (which I'm not the biggest fan of, but I get it's been there since the early 90s, so it's "tradition". The Iron N is about as simple of a design you can put on a helmet beyond just leaving the helmet blank. I don't think it's an accident that Adidas keeps going towards black jerseys with the skull and bones on the shoulder pads since it's the only other real connective tissue we have as far as design brands that don't involve corn.

I think a lot of the alts have had pieces that have worked. I liked the NU helmet. The all whites were stellar. The 2013 and 2019 blackshirt alts mostly worked beyond some red-on-black issues. And the 2009 alts just looked classic. I think Nebraska doesn't need to go too far off the path for its alts. Add some metallic to the whites, some subtle texturing to the red jersey like the texture on the 2013 black jersey. Maybe do a fun logo swap on the helmet (Script Huskers could be a fun one off honestly) and you're there. From a distance, it would still look like Nebraska. But the players get to enjoy some added spinners to their look for a day.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds