Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Football ticket mini plan (2 Viewers)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Michigan, Ohio State, and Cockeyes aren't included in that pack... I can roll over on stubhub with 30 minutes before kickoff and get tickets to any of the other games for likely under $10 for row 89. Why it's not that "stellar" in my opinion.
That is actually a fantastic point.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I agree. The issue isn’t the price of the tickets it’s the fact that they are having to do this at all to get asses in seats. I’m sure Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland have to do something similar.
Oh yeah that's incredibly obvious. I honestly haven't seen it before in my lifetime.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Maybe they need to take out the crappy benches and put actual seats in there. And allow beer sales.
They need to redo south stadium. Reduce capacity and focus on a better experience.

I would chop south stadium in half as far as seating, add a nice concourse, at the top a bar and grill and then a big screen on top of it. I would have students make up the bottom half and public for top half.

Need to focus on getting next year's blue hairs as ticket holders.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Maybe they need to take out the crappy benches and put actual seats in there. And allow beer sales.

I can’t believe they don’t do this with every sport.

Especially in places where you don’t have to build/spend money to make it work.
Ex: Pinnacle Bank and Haymaket Park already have everything in place and ready to roll. Just need to let the money machine start flowing

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
They need to redo south stadium. Reduce capacity and focus on a better experience.

I would chop south stadium in half as far as seating, add a nice concourse, at the top a bar and grill and then a big screen on top of it. I would have students make up the bottom half and public for top half.

Need to focus on getting next year's blue hairs as ticket holders.

Oklahoma decreased capacity by making nicer “club” esk seating a few years ago in the middle of their heisman trophy winners and conference titles coming out of their ears run.

like who does UNL think it is? they flat refuse to renovate or serve beer (or have a club section partially closed off that serves alcohol at the minimum) and just expect the people of a largely blue collar state to spend money and an entire day on going to watch 4-8 football year after year

if you are gonna expect me to spend money and go watch @22*43*51 ’s Cockeyes run a train on Nebraska the day after thanksgiving the very least you could do is allow me to get blackout drunk

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Michigan, Ohio State, and Cockeyes aren't included in that pack... I can roll over on stubhub with 30 minutes before kickoff and get tickets to any of the other games for likely under $10 for row 89. Why it's not that "stellar" in my opinion.
The only team that wasn't included was Michigan. Looks like they've already sold out of those though. Even if it's nosebleeds, I really don't think $195 for NW+Purdue+Cockeye is that bad at all, but YMMV.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Oklahoma decreased capacity by making nicer “club” esk seating a few years ago in the middle of their heisman trophy winners and conference titles coming out of their ears run.

like who does UNL think it is? they flat refuse to renovate or serve beer (or have a club section partially closed off that serves alcohol at the minimum) and just expect the people of a largely blue collar state to spend money and an entire day on going to watch 4-8 football year after year

if you are gonna expect me to spend money and go watch @22*43*51 ’s Cockeyes run a train on Nebraska the day after thanksgiving the very least you could do is allow me to get blackout drunk
100% agree that long term you need to improve the live experience. I will take a live event any day even if I don't really care about the teams (have done a lot of local Chicago/NW games that I didn't care about at all b/c live sports fucking own), but I know I'm the minority on that. Every stadium is changing operations to keep asses in the seats b/c it's harder to sell tickets and we need to get ahead on that.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
100% agree that long term you need to improve the live experience. I will take a live event any day even if I don't really care about the teams (have done a lot of local Chicago/NW games that I didn't care about at all b/c live sports fucking own), but I know I'm the minority on that. Every stadium is changing operations to keep asses in the seats b/c it's harder to sell tickets and we need to get ahead on that.

Agreed and can speak from personal experience as you. I’m a Bears/Hawks/Cubs/Bulls fan but I’ve been to a few random Sox games just because it’s a good time. (Idk if this is a crazy take but I think guaranteed park has better food than Wrigley)

PS: my little brother is a Sox fan so I didn’t go all the way to Chicago to just watch 2 random mlb teams I’m not a fan of, I’m not Foul ball guy or Marlins man

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
The only team that wasn't included was Michigan. Looks like they've already sold out of those though. Even if it's nosebleeds, I really don't think $195 for NW+Purdue+Cockeyes is that bad at all, but YMMV.
Pretty sure Cockeye is not included in there... but again those that are pleased with this deal go for it.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Michigan and Cockeye were both included, fwiw. May have sold out tho, as I'd imagine those would be the top two of the options.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1625689052919.jpg
    FB_IMG_1625689052919.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 5

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Agreed and can speak from personal experience as you. I’m a Bears/Hawks/Cubs/Bulls fan but I’ve been to a few random Sox games just because it’s a good time. (Idk if this is a crazy take but I think guaranteed park has better food than Wrigley)

PS: my little brother is a Sox fan so I didn’t go all the way to Chicago to just watch 2 random mlb teams I’m not a fan of, I’m not Foul ball guy or Marlins man

I could honestly care less about going to games. I’d rather watch it on TV so that going to the game doesn’t basically take up my entire day. Now a game like 2012 regular season Wisconsin where it’s two ranked teams and we’ve got an actual 50/50 chance, I’ll do that any day.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member

Wrigley is a must experience at least once, but give me Sox game any day. Way cheaper seats, esp. when all I'm going to do is drink beer and bullshit with the crew.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I could honestly care less about going to games. I’d rather watch it on TV so that going to the game doesn’t basically take up my entire day. Now a game like 2012 regular season Wisconsin where it’s two ranked teams and we’ve got an actual 50/50 chance, I’ll do that any day.
I have an 75" TV
Big ass couch
Decent surround sound
Like to cook appetizers
Like to drink beer
Am too cheap

I like staying at home and watching multiple games.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

Yaaa they need to go to low 80's high 70's and focus on experience

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
its like we are the same person
Meme Reaction GIF

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Gamedays are draining with traffic, drinking, and too much walking and takes up the whole day. I'm drained after driving back home to Swimtown, and having to do that while watching a shit product on the field makes it less than desirable. I'm starting off going to one game this year ( NW ), with the possibility of another one if we somehow get our shit together on the field.

There is definitely something to be said for chilling out in front of the big screen and watching the games.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds