Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

FLOOD WATCH 2024 (1 Viewer)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Been following this a bit since I’m heading up to Okoboji tomorrow.

Was it just a crazy amount of rainfall? Those videos are insane.
Yeah - up north got hammered for a long time and this was the result of it coming down to us…

I’ve heard Boji is in much better shape now than it was.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah - up north got hammered for a long time and this was the result of it coming down to us…

I’ve heard Boji is in much better shape now than it was.
Man, hope you’re not as impacted as some of these other people. That’s devastating stuff.

Had a neighbor on Spirit say the water is about 3” under the dock right now which means the lake level is up ~2’. Any more and there’ll be water in the living room. Glad to hear things might be calming down.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
Man, hope you’re not as impacted as some of these other people. That’s devastating stuff.

Had a neighbor on Spirit say the water is about 3” under the dock right now which means the lake level is up ~2’. Any more and there’ll be water in the living room. Glad to hear things might be calming down.
Are all the lakes in Dickinson county still limited to 5mph?

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
All of okobji is apparently. I have a coworker who works remote and she lives on the lake - she informed me this morning its still 5mph
Yep it was a county wide announcement originally.

We’ve got a good friend on McCook. House is still standing for now.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Yep it was a county wide announcement originally.

We’ve got a good friend on McCook. House is still standing for now.
Weirdly just about everything but the north end is doing well - it was close to a lot of homes, but very limited damage away from that north side. There were a lot of people about 1-3 ft away from some significant problems. But it's been receding all day finally.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
Weirdly just about everything but the north end is doing well - it was close to a lot of homes, but very limited damage away from that north side. There were a lot of people about 1-3 ft away from some significant problems. But it's been receding all day finally.
Glad to hear it! This house neighbors a house that washed away, so they’re feeling lucky in that regard.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds