Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Feeling nostalgic and just wonder (1 Viewer)

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
Feeling nostalgic and watching several games from the 95 season and holy crap were we a balanced team. Crushing D and seemingly unstoppable O. While I’m not a tradition coalition wonk, watching these games does give pause for thought that could a triple option blend w RPO be a successful combination? On D I just loved our speed with Farley, coupled with some jarheads on the front 4. Is a 3-4 really a recipe for success in the BiG or could a 4-3 be the antidote?

I’m 4 G&Ts into the night and I’m feeling nostalgic as I’ve already stated. Be kind.

Fuck Phillips was awesome.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
Feeling nostalgic and watching several games from the 95 season and holy crap were we a balanced team. Crushing D and seemingly unstoppable O. While I’m not a tradition coalition wonk, watching these games does give pause for thought that could a triple option blend w RPO be a successful combination? On D I just loved our speed with Farley, coupled with some jarheads on the front 4. Is a 3-4 really a recipe for success in the BiG or could a 4-3 be the antidote?

I’m 4 G&Ts into the night and I’m feeling nostalgic as I’ve already stated. Be kind.

Fuck Phillips was awesome.
great post you stupid sumbitch, i do that as well once in a while. Whip out the beers and cetaphil lotion, find some ole games on youtube and have a GRAND time.

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
Defenses are too fast and sound to have it be the primary offense imho.
Interesting, I get the point but I’m struggling with that. I’ve no way to measure, but it would seem that the D’s of Miami and FSU would have been proportionately faster than some of the D’s we face in Cockeye, Wisky, Minn, etc.

My thought was that a 4-3 was a speed-based D and if we could get the personnel (because we really struggle to get 3-4 players) that we could offset some strength for speed.

I get it, it’s the G&T talking but geez I miss the bruising O and D of yesteryear. Our OL just kicked the shit out of people, and the D just dominated.
🤤

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Interesting, I get the point but I’m struggling with that. I’ve no way to measure, but it would seem that the D’s of Miami and FSU would have been proportionately faster than some of the D’s we face in Cockeye, Wisky, Minn, etc.

My thought was that a 4-3 was a speed-based D and if we could get the personnel (because we really struggle to get 3-4 players) that we could offset some strength for speed.

I get it, it’s the G&T talking but geez I miss the bruising O and D of yesteryear. Our OL just kicked the shit out of people, and the D just dominated.
🤤
The 3-4 vs 4-3 is an over blown conversation in my mostly uneducated opinion. You take the players and coaches from the 90s and put them in a 3-4 and they would have been fine just like if you took the players and coaches from the last however many years and put them in a 4-3 and they'd still suck.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG

🤤
🤤 thinkin of those physiques back in the glory days

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
The 3-4 vs 4-3 is an over blown conversation in my mostly uneducated opinion. You take the players and coaches from the 90s and put them in a 3-4 and they would have been fine just like if you took the players and coaches from the last however many years and put them in a 4-3 and they'd still suck.
Yea, I’m making the broad assumption that coaching and player capabilities keep up with the times. Less a time warp, than a continuous evolution. But I get it.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
With the offense bottom line you can't be one dimensional unless you have an absolutely stud defense. Hard to recruit a QB that can throw that would hold up even in a 60/40 run/pass offense if the qb is half the running game. You can be mediocre if you've got a sound running game and really good D.

If you tried to be a 90/10 run/pass team in the B1G? Gtfo. Upside is .500?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds