Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

February Recruiting Thread (5 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Glad they got that straightened out. Idk about you guys but that was definitely top of my list of recruiting concerns/infractions.
The member schools asked the NCAA for this rule. They had to book an extra night (in advance) to decorate rooms. This saves one night's hotel room cost per visit for all schools.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The member schools asked the NCAA for this rule. They had to book an extra night (in advance) to decorate rooms. This saves one night's hotel room cost per visit for all schools.
Not shooting the messenger but I mean…couldn’t they just choose not to? I guess I still don’t quite understand the need to get the ncaa involved

It’s like…well we don’t want to, so everyone should be barred from doing it

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Ok. That's logical. I will save my rage rant against the NCAA for another day.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
Not shooting the messenger but I mean…couldn’t they just choose not to? I guess I still don’t quite understand the need to get the ncaa involved

It’s like…well we don’t want to, so everyone should be barred from doing it
Allowing them to decorate rooms puts smaller schools at a disadvantage. Do you wanna be competitive? Then you’ve gotta participate in the arms race. Booking that extra night for every recruit who visits over the course of a season is a much larger hit to the budgets of the Toledos of the world compared to UNL.

Last edited:

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Allowing it puts smaller schools at a disadvantage. Do you wanna be competitive? Then you’ve gotta participate in the arms race. Booking that extra night for every recruit who visits over the course of a season is a much larger hit to the budgets of the Toledos of the world compared to UNL.
Reason to break away #1657, IYAM IMO.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Can they really not figure out how to get in to the room an hour before the recruit to decorate it? Feels like these folks would run their lawnmower bone dry on gas and instead of filling it, they'd go out and buy a new one and bitch about how expensive mowing their lawn is

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Allowing it puts smaller schools at a disadvantage. Do you wanna be competitive? Then you’ve gotta participate in the arms race. Booking that extra night for every recruit who visits over the course of a season is a much larger hit to the budgets of the Toledos of the world compared to UNL.
So you think this was the doing of only the smaller schools? While I understand every dollar counts for them, I think they have much bigger worries than paying for an extra night at a hotel

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
lol just don’t do it. Why a rule for this?

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
So you think this was the doing of only the smaller schools? While I understand every dollar counts for them, I think they have much bigger worries than paying for an extra night at a hotel
If you bring in 50 recruits per year, that’s around $10,000. Most of these schools are operating in, or close to, the red, so every penny does count.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds