Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

February Recruiting Thread (4 Viewers)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I’m starting to wonder if that’s the model. Hire influential HS coaches in talent rich areas and help them land a better job quickly. Bring in the next crop. Therefore we maximize their influence in those areas and we build a rep as a place that will give you quick pay increases.

Omar Little

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I’m starting to wonder if that’s the model. Hire influential HS coaches in talent rich areas and help them land a better job quickly. Bring in the next crop. Therefore we maximize their influence in those areas and we build a rep as a place that will give you quick pay increases.
None of them have left for better jobs though, I could be mistaken tho.

Omar Little

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Don’t like hearing Micah has a long way to go to figure out the way things are done at Nebraska… hope he does, because he will be a good one
Could be a couple things… might be out of shape and is struggling to keep up. Also might not be used to the amount of accountability that a Matt Rhule program requires. I highly doubt it was like this at Florida. I wouldn’t worry too much at this point. Had some older guys like this last year and completely turned them around.

Omar Little

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Do we know where any have landed?
I don’t. I just don’t recall a single one of them leaving with another job lined up right away. Typically you would see a guy thank N and Rhule via Twitter for everything and also announce their next destination and possibly new title. Seems like all of them were basically pushed out. Again, I don’t know anything factual. The only one left that kind of fits the HS profile (not a coach though) is Dr Elza. Based on Rhule’s public comments he seems to be happy with her.

Of all the guys that left, Phil Simpson is the one that surprises me the most based on results, especially recently.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Could be a couple things… might be out of shape and is struggling to keep up. Also might not be used to the amount of accountability that a Matt Rhule program requires. I highly doubt it was like this at Florida. I wouldn’t worry too much at this point. Had some older guys like this last year and completely turned them around.
Yea, just surprising he would come here given that you’d have thought he would know what Rhule was about after last year when he almost ended up here.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds