Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ex-PSU doc awarded $5.25M in suit alleging James Franklin interference - ESPN (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Unrelated but honest Q: I wonder how much Rhule honestly cares about Stadium expansion. It seems like coaches care more about the player facilities than the stadium upgrades. I certainly would if I was a HC.

I wonder if any HC truly cares about their stadium getting nicer seats, more concourse, etc. But maybe that's cynical.
He probably cares the most about a strong NIL program. Winning at PSU would definitely be easier assuming their NIL program is similar or better.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rhule and Kraft are actually really good friends, but even with all that publicly known Benning seems pretty damn sure that Rhule isn't looking to go back to Penn State.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rhule and Kraft are actually really good friends, but even with all that publicly known Benning seems pretty damn sure that Rhule isn't looking to go back to Penn State.
I don’t think he will due to timing, but you never know in the coaching world especially when it’s his alma mater. It could be hard to pass up when it’s probably a top 3-4 BIG job.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t think he will due to timing, but you never know in the coaching world especially when it’s his alma mater. It could be hard to pass up when it’s probably a top 3-4 BIG job.
Yeah I get that. I also get that you could end up like Scott Frost if you go back and it doesn't work out. Sometimes it's better to not risk that even if it's very unlikely

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
He probably cares the most about a strong NIL program. Winning at PSU would definitely be easier assuming their NIL program is similar or better.
Yeah I get that. I also get that you could end up like Scott Frost if you go back and it doesn't work out. Sometimes it's better to not risk that even if it's very unlikely
If Rhule got Nebraska to a 10-2 machine where our NIL is flowing and we're getting too recruits and we're on national TV every week....I'm not sure PSU is that much of a better job. Or even is a better job.

Maybe if PSU just has more NIL bag men then we do. But I honestly don't know. I actually think in that scenario Rhule would place the two programs about even (PSU gets the edge due to sentimentality).

I don't rate PSU as an elite job. The campus is in the middle of nowhere. And the northeast doesn't produce THAT many players. I actually think Rhule likes Nebraska bc it's relatively easy to get TX kids here (same time zone, quick flight). And you can get some good GA/FL kids as well. And the nearby states produce some 4*s too which NU is always in good position for. If you had NU rocking at 10-2 every yr it'd be dumb to leave for PSU in my opinion.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
If Rhule got Nebraska to a 10-2 machine where our NIL is flowing and we're getting too recruits and we're on national TV every week....I'm not sure PSU is that much of a better job. Or even is a better job.

Maybe if PSU just has more NIL bag men then we do. But I honestly don't know. I actually think in that scenario Rhule would place the two programs about even (PSU gets the edge due to sentimentality).

I don't rate PSU as an elite job. The campus is in the middle of nowhere. And the northeast doesn't produce THAT many players. I actually think Rhule likes Nebraska bc it's relatively easy to get TX kids here (same time zone, quick flight). And you can get some good GA/DL kids as well. And the nearby states produce some 4*s too which NU is always in good position for. If you had NU rocking at 10-2 every yr it'd be dumb to leave for PSU in my opinion.
It's always tough to say given the coaching disparity. Penn State seemingly can recruit on par with anyone and I'm not sure Nebraska will ever be at that level even if we get shit poppin, but it's also extremely hard to say given that Corch Frost for example would be unlikely to pull top 5 classes at Bama

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Idk fellas this is making my palms awfully sweaty

Did DB ever give a reason or a cryptic hint as to why he doesn't think HCMR would go to PSU?
Yes, he gave a cryptic hint - as he always does. :cool:

I happen to agree with what most say in this thread. I may be naive, but the sense I get is that he and his family REALLY like it here. Go figure that a guy originally from the NYC area would be one of the best fits. He's authentic and the people of Nebraska are authentic.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Idk fellas this is making my palms awfully sweaty

Did DB ever give a reason or a cryptic hint as to why he doesn't think HCMR would go to PSU?
DB didn't say much more than that.

I think he's just referring to being around Rhule behind the scenes and seeing his devotion to this place & his commitment to growing it, etc. It's not like DB was ever in a 1-to-1 convo with Rhule where he was like "let me tell you my thoughts on ever taking the PSU job."

I think he was just making an inference.

BradWesley

Cornerback
Elite Member
Franklin has a history of this as he meddled in a rape case at Vanderbilt.

He may get a suspension but doubtful they fire him. It will just turn up the heat if he has a few extra losses this year.
Great work using the word, “meddled”. Always loved that word.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds