Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ethan Nation not N (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
When you leave and don't enter the transfer portal that raises a whole different list of questions.
I don't have any of the other sites but I did some digging around last night and I guess Dean allegedly said it was for behavior issues. Someone else mentioned culture issues too FWIW.

Couple other thoughts -

It's still an unfortunate situation though, he was Under Armor All-American with 50 offers. So someone other than our coaches saw that he had talent and we are in no position to keep losing talented players especially at a position of need.

I know people are saying he was too small but he was small when we recruited him and he was still small when we took his commitment so the coaches must of wanted him small or not.

Also last year he ended up burning his redshirt to help the team return punts unfortunately it only ended up being 7 returns for 23 yards but he went out there and helped when he didn't have too.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't have any of the other sites but I did some digging around last night and I guess Dean allegedly said it was for behavior issues. Someone else mentioned culture issues too FWIW.

Couple other thoughts -

It's still an unfortunate situation though, he was Under Armor All-American with 50 offers. So someone other than our coaches saw that he had talent and we are in no position to keep losing talented players especially at a position of need.

I know people are saying he was too small but he was small when we recruited him and he was still small when we took his commitment so the coaches must of wanted him small or not.

Also last year he ended up burning his redshirt to help the team return punts unfortunately it only ended up being 7 returns for 23 yards but he went out there and helped when he didn't have too.
It bigly chaps my ass to see Deano out in them streets alleging off field stuff but actually reporting fuck all on it. Kid doesn't deserve the innuendo

Benard Thomas

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
It bigly chaps my ass to see Deano out in them streets alleging off field stuff but actually reporting fuck all on it. Kid doesn't deserve the innuendo
Why? You would be mad if he said nothing? He seems to be the only one willing to say anything on the issue.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why? You would be mad if he said nothing? He seems to be the only one willing to say anything on the issue.
I wouldn't care if he said nothing. He doesn't have reportable info on why he left, cool and good, I don't necessarily expect him to really. But alluding to vague off the field shit without any actual level of detail just plants seeds to wild speculation that can fuck with the kids future prospects. Basically every NFL draft there are guys who have to address wild message board speculation with teams, not that Nation is an NFL guy, but that shit actually matters and it wouldn't surprise me if it matters when trying to find a spot in the portal.

Some of me being triggered is also broader in that Deano is fine with vagaries and speculation when it suits him but invokes not trafficking in vagaries and speculation on shit that matters (to the degree any of this matters).

Last edited:

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Cooper isn't the guy people think he is
435bede2-5375-4e59-bc2a-174306ccb824_text.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds