Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

EJ Barthel (2 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
3. Barthel put Grant in at end of Minnesota game, Grant fumbles, MN wins game. Rhule screams at Barthel on sideline.

That was an odd one because literally 1 week before Rhule was telling the media how Grant was having fumble issues and that he wasn't going to get much playing time until he showed improvement with the football in practice.

Then in game 1 in our most crucial drive of the game, Barthel puts Grant in and he fumbles the game away (making Rhule look like an idiot). Ruined Rhule's career opener at Nebraska.

I think that got the Barthel-Rhule relationship off to a bad start.
Supposedly EJ and Satt aren’t on each others Christmas card lists

Last edited:

Yolo Bomb

Bench Warmer
My theory is that Barthel had two mistakes working against him.

1: He didn't evaluate his room properly. When Emmett Johnson, who you had at 4th string, comes in and outplays the guy you had near the top of the depth chart (Grant). And that top guy cost you a game (Minnesota), then maybe you aren't a great evaluator of talent. And his nonsensical usage of his room in the rotation emphasizes that you don't know what situation is best for your guys.

2: He lost the only RB recruit we had. (Lacy)
This one isn't so bad because it happens when you go after a top talent, but he didn't have a back up plan ready to rock afterwards. And we know Rhule loves contingency plans and probably doesn't like it when someone on his staff doesn't have one.

Bonus Theory: Was Barthel involved with that staffer whose hijinks made it so that he had to be let go a few weeks ago for being a perv?
You missed the most glaring…he didn’t bring RB Nathan Carter with him to Nebraska from UConn. Carter instead went to MSU and played great.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I don't think Ajay Allen was gonna stay regardless of who the new RB coach was. He was a longtime Applewhite recruit & flipped from TCU because of him. They're from the same hometown and all
Ya part of me thinks that.... Part of me wonders if a good coach builds a relationship and presents value he would likely stay.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds