Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Do you still have faith in frost?

Do you still have faith that frost can get this turned around?

• Yes

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 54.7%

• Total voters

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
I’ll keep this easy with 2 options. No fence sitting. Yes or no. Doesn’t mean you can’t change later on, but this is how you feel right now.

Nope, but I don’t care either. I’ve just accepted we will be mediocre-ish forever.
I'm kinda there. hoping for a magical turn around, but hcsf and staff have put a bunch of evidence in front of us for 3.5 years now that they are in over their skis. what could possibly happen to change anything of that, i don't know.

I voted yes because I do think he has a lot of qualities that would make him successful long term. That being said he’s now in a race against the clock and I don’t know if he’s capable of getting results quick enough to keep his job. If I had to guess I’d guess he’s a successful coach somewhere 10 years from now though

I'm kinda there. hoping for a magical turn around, but hcsf and staff have put a bunch of evidence in front of us for 3.5 years now that they are in over their skis. what could possibly happen to change anything of that, i don't know.
And going all-in on AM/Verduzco probably means chances of any turn-around are slim. Get better odds on a Ron Kellogg Hail Mary

I voted yes because I do think he has a lot of qualities that would make him successful long term. That being said he’s now in a race against the clock and I don’t know if he’s capable of getting results quick enough to keep his job. If I had to guess I’d guess he’s a successful coach somewhere 10 years from now though
Agree with this. If we fire him, it’s going to be great (not) when he gets hired on as like an OC for some team and does amazing.

Seems like the alumni hire in big boy football is a failed experiment. it probably just hits too close to home. Not only do you face all the external pressures that every cfb coach making millions a year faces, but you get doubled up on by the internal pressure from family, friends, old teammates, etc.

It pains me to say I voted No. I have just been around too many CEO, Leaders, Politicians.......... to notice the subtle differences between the ones who are highly successful and the ones who aren't. I just don't think Scott is a natural leader like most of the great coaches. He reminds me more of Pelini than T.O. A great leader needs to be introspective enough to look at their flaws and make the necessary changes. We have seen this team struggle with some of the same problems for 3 years without the necessary changes or at least attempts to change. I still question his decision to bring in such an inexperienced staff to compete in the B1G. Status Quo is great if you are winning but when you are in the worst 3 year run in the last 50+ years for a storied program you really need to shake things up. At times he seems more concerned with being right than figuring out why the current method isn't working and what can potentially be done to correct that. I sure hope I am wrong because I would love nothing better than for him to prove me wrong and turn this around next season. To me Wins and Loses speak quite loudly as does seeing a team that gets better each game and especially each season. I haven't seen that consistent improvement each season from the team as a whole. I feel like we have looked like a poorly coached team the last 3 seasons. GBR

Last edited:
It pains me to say I voted No. I have just been around too many CEO, Leaders, Politicians.......... to notice the subtle differences between the ones who are highly successful and the ones who aren't. I just don't think Scott is a natural leader like most of the great coaches. He reminds me more of Pelini than T.O. A great leader needs to be introspective enough to look at their flaws and make the necessary changes. We have seen this team struggle with some of the same problems for 3 years without the necessary changes or at least attempts to change. I still question his decision to bring in such an inexperienced staff to compete in the B1G. Status Quo is great if you are winning but when you are in the worst 3 year run in the last 50+ years for a storied program you really need to shake things up. At times he seems more concerned with being right than figuring out why the current method isn't working and what can potentially be done to correct that. I sure hope I am wrong because I would love nothing better than for him to prove me wrong and turn this around next season. To me Wins and Loses speak quite loudly as does seeing a team that gets better each game and especially each season. I haven't seen that consistent improvement each season from the team as a whole. I feel like we have looked like a poorly coached team the last 3 seasons. GBR
Agree on the leadership aspect. And to your point about wanting to be right just look at the Minnesota game last year. They came in decimated by covid protocol and allowing close to 8yards a carry and we throw it 30 times

Agree on the leadership aspect. And to your point about wanting to be right just look at the Minnesota game last year. They came in decimated by covid protocol and allowing close to 8yards a carry and we throw it 30 times
The “wanting to be right” is the feeling I’ve gotten over the last year and a half or so now. Instead of just pounding the rock like Rutgers but against Minnesota, he tried to run the classic spread on a shitty day against a team that couldn’t stop the run. He just wants his system to work so badly here so he can say he was right all along.

Boy wouldn’t that be the ultimate kick to the dick. Say he pulls another Oregon if fired here, goes back to being an OC somewhere else big or an HC again in G5 and just kills it and gets back to a natty again in a few years. Fuck that’d be funny not funny.

No. It was further reinforced by the post by someone on the scrolls today who found coaches who turned it around in year 4 or 5 and almost all of them made a significant staff change to improve.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
-Peter North

At this point, I’ve turned into just an average fan. I don’t get as excited about gamedays. If I get tickets for free, I’ll go. Do I think he can turn it around sometime? Sure. Losses have become too normal for me to really get upset anymore.

No. It was further reinforced by the post by someone on the scrolls today who found coaches who turned it around in year 4 or 5 and almost all of them made a significant staff change to improve.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
-Peter North
you sure that was Peter North?
fun supernatural fandom GIF

Yes.

I think Frost will get 7+ wins and head to a bowl game in 2021. Then he will make some changes to his staff on the offensive side of the ball.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back