Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Defense played 29 guys yesterday (2 Viewers)

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Look around yourself brother - no curse I lay on this young man compares to the curse he signed up for

tenor.gif

GBR305

Linebacker
Tommi Hill has tricked two different coaching staffs. The kid is NOT GOOD. I would have rather seen Bootle, Lynum, Nation or Safeeullah in his place but otherwise the defense for the most part did good. Colorado's offensive box score is an illusion, the offense consistently put us in shitty situations.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Too much injury risk, with all those players diving at Sims' ankles trying to recover the ball.
Honestly…I was thinking about this and almost more mind-bottling than Sims fumbling two perfect shotgun snaps is that he WASN’T ABLE TO RECOVER THEM! Dude is in the backfield BY HIMSELF and isn’t able to jump on the ball before someone on the other team.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly…I was thinking about this and almost more mind-bottling than Sims fumbling two perfect shotgun snaps is that he WASN’T ABLE TO RECOVER THEM! Dude is in the backfield BY HIMSELF and isn’t able to jump on the ball before someone on the other team.
Rhule addressed that in his comments today. In practice the Qb’s have green jerseys and they’re coached to get clear to avoid injury. He mentioned they will incorporate some safe drills to address this going forward.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Rhule addressed that in his comments today. In practice the Qb’s have green jerseys and they’re coached to get clear to avoid injury. He mentioned they will incorporate some safe drills to address this going forward.
So what you're saying is that it happens enough that they have an established rule about it.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
He tried to pick up both instead of just falling on the ball.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
So what you're saying is that it happens enough that they have an established rule about it.
No, LOL. Just what happens during any fumble situation in practice. I strongly suspect that if Sims wasn’t able to catch a snap routinely in practice, someone else is QB1. Looks like we’re about to find out what we have in QB2 & QB3.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds