Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

December recruiting thread (4 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Flaming hot take of the day presented to you by Chester Cheeto.

If Raiola sticks with UGA, the only person who fucked up in this situation is Matt Rhule. Not Dom, not Donny, not Dylan. Matt Rhule.
Agreed it would look bad on Rhule.

99% of my hatred would be on Dominic though. If he let that happen to his alma mater at the 25th hour, that would really be inexcusable. Up to this point, I can forgive him for everything up to March/April - that's standard fare for recruiting.

This last daliance - 1 week before signing day - would be a bridge too far. Dominic should never let that happen to his alma mater.

I don't blame Dylan. I certainly don't blame Donovan. Rhule is in a tough spot - if the DR camp is giving him their commitment and telling them it's a done deal - if you're Matt Rhule you have to run with it. Dominic though has the ability to put the breaks on this at all time and say "we're not fucking w my alma mater any more than we already have. This ends today. Pick a fucking school and let's end this"....but Dominic keeps letting this go on.

***now I still think we get Dylan. This was the hypothetical if we lose him again at the last minute ***

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
True, but why would he bother if he really wants a signing day reveal?

"Oh, no, the fans are in a tizzy! I better clear this up."
Guessing Dylan doesn’t read this board, cable board or tater island. Guessing he doesn’t know the “fans” are in a tizzy. Outside of this board I have not seen the fan meltdowns anywhere else that Dylan might see them. So unless guys like Mongo are sending him dms I doubt he’s aware of the drama on the boards.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member

99% of my hatred would be on Dominic though. If he let that happen to his alma mater at the 25th hour, that would really be inexcusable. Up to this point, I can forgive him for everything up to March/April - that's standard fare for recruiting.

This last daliance - 1 week before signing day - would be a bridge too far. Dominic should never let that happen to his alma mater.

I don't blame Dylan. I certainly don't blame Donovan. Rhule is in a tough spot - if the DR camp is giving him their commitment and telling them it's a done deal - if you're Matt Rhule you have to run with it. Dominic though has the ability to put the breaks on this at all time and say "we're not fucking w my alma mater any more than we already have. This ends today. Pick a fucking school and let's end this"....but Dominic keeps letting this go on.

***now I still think we get Dylan. This was the hypothetical if we lose him again at the last minute ***
You obviously don’t have a teenage son if you think you can instantly control their decision making.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
You obviously don’t have a teenage son if you think you can instantly control their decision making.
I got a 5 & 7 year old so I'll be there soon enough.

But you're being naive in thinking the parents are just passengers on this with no input. They have input. Dominic has been front and center with Dylan on EVERY single trip he's taken. It's Dom's full time job now. Everything that's happened to this point has been w Dom's blessing. Hell, 99% of his answers have been "we value this" and "we're looking at that" etc. If Dom ever felt like this was going off the rails he would step in and use his influence with his son. He doesn't think any of this qualifies as going "off the rails" yet. And I actually don't think it has either. I think this is pretty standard fare craziness that goes on regularly w #1 recruits each year.

***this is all pointless bc I believe Dylan has already picked NU and will sign with us on WED***

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
I got a 5 & 7 year old so I'll be there soon enough.

But you're being naive in thinking the parents are just passengers on this with no input. They have input. Dominic has been front and center with Dylan on EVERY single trip he's taken. It's Dom's full time job now. Everything that's happened to this point has been w Dom's blessing. Hell, 99% of his answers have been "we value this" and "we're looking at that" etc. If Dom ever felt like this was going off the rails he would step in and use his influence with his son. He doesn't think any of this qualifies as going "off the rails" yet. And I actually don't think it has either. I think this is pretty standard fare mania thag goes on regularly w #1 recruits each year.

***this is all pointless bc I believe Dylan has already picked NU and will sign with us on WED***
I was thinking the same. I promise you there was a conversation that went something along the lines of, "If you get on this plane to Lincoln, there's no going back. You aren't changing your mind again and leaving my alma mater hanging out to dry at the 11th hour. This is your final decision."

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was thinking the same. I promise you there was a conversation that went something along the lines of, "If you get on this plane to Lincoln, there's no going back. You aren't changing your mind again and leaving my alma mater hanging out to dry at the 11th hour. This is your final decision."
I doubt he said it that explicitly but I have to think they were both thinking this. In the end, you can't control 18 yr olds. So Dylan has free will & teenagers do odd things.

All we hear from media that know Dom is "Dominic guy LOVES Nebraska" and "Dominic would never do anything to hurt his alma mater." I also think Dominic really likes Rhule. And his brother. I think Dom would not want to fuck w what they're doing at Nebraska.

My Flaming Hot Cheetos take (@Baron Winnebago ) is that it's actually DOMINIC that's the manic one. I actually think Dominic is the one who is changing his mind all the time & it's been Dylan kind of following his lead. I think they are 2 peas in a pod....it's not some 18 yr old leading his dad on a wild odyssey. I think they have a hive mind on everything.

***BTW I believe Raiola to NU has been done for a while now so all of this is just useless hypotheticals bc it's done and he's signing with NU***

Last edited:

GNRhusker

Defensive Lineman
"Dylan hasn't completely ghosted his friends & the coaches at the school he had a very close relationship with, this means we should ignore he literally filmed a commitment video to Nebraska & told recruits that he was coming here."
Let’s not have common sense like this get in the way of the nothing good is ever going to happen crowd.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member

I guess you can easily flip this and say you've never had an overbearing and controlling father.

big Dom has ran the show the entire time. one example of many: Dylan isn't forcing his family to move to Georgia cause he wanted to play high school football there.

I bet Dom is a huge pain in the ass to deal with, just lucky his son is the best recruit nebraska will ever sign. for Dylan's sake, I hope he succeeds here and succeeds early. Dad will be in Rhules office every sunday morning it smells like.

Also, the timing of his interest in Nebraska going public coinciding with McCords visit to put pressure on their family isn't a coincidence I don't think. Smart play by dom.

If Dylan isn't starting week 1 this fall...oooo weee. I can't wait to hear the underground reports

Husker Bone

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Wouldn’t surprise me. There is a ton of wealth in that town for its size. Tons. Kroenke and Laurie have enough money between their families to do anything. They weren’t ever names I heard get brought up for NIL but it’s certainly possible and would make a ton of sense after a successful football season.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I guess you can easily flip this and say you've never had an overbearing and controlling father.

big Dom has ran the show the entire time. one example of many: Dylan isn't forcing his family to move to Georgia cause he wanted to play high school football there.

I bet Dom is a huge pain in the ass to deal with, just lucky his son is the best recruit nebraska will ever sign. for Dylan's sake, I hope he succeeds here and succeeds early. Dad will be in Rhules office every sunday morning it smells like.

Also, the timing of his interest in Nebraska going public coinciding with McCords visit to put pressure on their family isn't a coincidence I don't think. Smart play by dom.

If Dylan isn't starting week 1 this fall...oooo weee. I can't wait to hear the underground reports
This.

I'm amazed that anyone would think this is a case of a crazy 18-yr old leading his oblivious father on a wild journey around the country in high stakes 5* recruiting.

This has been Dom's show the entire time.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member

Especially if we had another former 5-star QB with a highly successful stint as a starter in the Big Ten on campus ready to sign until all this happened that we lost out on.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds