Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

December recruiting thread (3 Viewers)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Rusty Mansell this morning

View attachment 31386
Here We Go Again GIF

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
If I was a betting man, Wilftong and $Dean will be putting their crystal balls for DR back to GA by tomorrow morning. Its not that Coach Rhule screwed up, but DR can't make up his mind and is in love with a ghost and there's maybe a reason why DK stayed committed since DR got cold feet again. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if we make another push for Cam Ward again to visit since he's obviously looking for a payday.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If I was a betting man, Wilftong and $Dean will be putting their crystal balls for DR back to GA by tomorrow morning. Its not that Coach Rhule screwed up, but DR can't make up his mind and is in love with a ghost and there's maybe a reason why DK stayed committed since DR got cold feet again. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if we make another push for Cam Ward again to visit since he's obviously looking for a payday.
I posted this Mansell clip and I remain very confident Dylan is in.

As @2010sarenevercoming posted above

"Dylan hasn't completely ghosted his friends & the coaches at the school he had a very close relationship with, this means we should ignore he literally filmed a commitment video to Nebraska & told recruits that he was coming here."

As @...TrueColors... has said, the staff literally felt comfortable enough with DR's commitment to travel en masse to Ainsworth during DR's official visit.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member

"Dylan hasn't completely ghosted his friends & the coaches at the school he had a very close relationship with, this means we should ignore he literally filmed a commitment video to Nebraska & told recruits that he was coming here."

As @...TrueColors... has said, the staff literally felt comfortable enough with DR's commitment to travel en masse to Ainsworth during DR's official visit.
I get all that, but something doesn't feel right, especially when this came out of left field a week ago and the tea leaves are not there it's happening. The commitment video shoot could be SOP for most visitors but doesn't guarantee anything. I would feel better if we landed McCord or can get Cam Ward or another experienced QB on campus for next year to handle to the offense and not let our seasoned defense go to waste next year with growing pains of an inexperienced QB room. Maybe that's why Rhule and CT are possibly meeting.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I do not believe CT will be here next year.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG

To play devils advocate, or they went to ainsworth when they realized their time was better spent elsewhere because a flip isn’t happening. One way or another we will find out Wednesday

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
It's good for business to make it seem like there's a chance on both sides.
Unless Raiola is getting some Georgia rivals site money, he has the ability to make clear that there is not, in fact, a chance on both sides.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
True, but why would he bother if he really wants a signing day reveal?

"Oh, no, the fans are in a tizzy! I better clear this up."
If he wants a signing day announcement, that’s his choice.

Just saying it’s not the recruiting services that are keeping the story alive.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If he wants a signing day announcement, that’s his choice.

Just saying it’s not the recruiting services that are keeping the story alive.
agreed. They may well be going along with it, though. No one that has brought this up - talking Wiltfong or Mansell, who are close friends from their days working together at 247 - has actually said they think they would switch their predictions In fact they've said they still feel comfortable with their Nebraska predictions.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
To play devils advocate, or they went to ainsworth when they realized their time was better spent elsewhere because a flip isn’t happening. One way or another we will find out Wednesday
I do not beleive that's a pivot someone makes in the middle of an official visit.
"Screw this guy. Let's go to Ainsworth and let him wander around Lincoln on his own."
No way that is a decision Matt Rhule makes.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds