Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

December recruiting thread (1 Viewer)

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Commuting Super Hero GIF by Marvel Studios

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Nebraska remains in the race for Ohio State transfer WR Julian Fleming, according to Inside Nebraska sources. However, after talking with a few people about Fleming, I do feel like the Huskers are running second right now behind Penn State. It's not over yet for Nebraska, though, as Fleming has not made a decision yet. I don't know his timetable for making that decision, but the Huskers are one of the two top contenders for the former five-star and No. 1 WR in the 2020 recruiting class. It has shaped up as Nebraska and Penn State as the top two (and likely the two finalists).

Nebraska could wind up being at an advantage in its pitch to Fleming in regard to opportunity as a No. 1 WR. One thing key to watch here will be the situation with Miami transfer WR Colbie Young. The former Hurricane, who is the No. 4-ranked WR still available on the market according to Rivals, took official visits to Georgia and Penn State over the last 3-4 days. Sounds like PSU is fairly confident it will land Young, a native of Binghamton, N.Y. and a former JUCO star at Lackawanna CC in Scranton, Pennsylvania that are both within three hours of Happy Valley. (I'm not saying location will be a factor for Young. I don't know. Just laying out the local connections there.)

It sounds like Penn State is feeling good about its chances of landing Young and Fleming. But, again, Fleming's decision is not in the books yet. Nebraska and Penn State are both in need of adding WR help out of the portal, but Penn State probably needs it more. So there could be room for both Young and Fleming at PSU. But is that how Fleming sees it? That's a question I'm still trying to find out, but in the meantime I'll have my eyes peeled out for Young's decision.

A couple additional notes:

Fleming is a native of Catawissa, Pennsylvania which is only about 90 minutes from Penn State's campus, but I don't see location being a factor at all here.

Before I say this, I'll make it clear that NIL is NOT the most important factor in Fleming's decision. It's *A* factor, just like every recruitment of a high-profile player out of high school and out of the portal, but it's not THE factor for Fleming. I do not believe NIL would be a factor if Fleming were to choose Penn State over Nebraska. I've heard from multiple sources on the general NIL $ number that Fleming would likely need on the market, and it's a very reasonable number for a WR of his caliber and profile and is a number that I'm confident Nebraska would be willing and able to hit. (Don't ask me to reveal the number. If I was going to do that, I would do that right now.)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds