Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

December recruiting thread (4 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If we flipped a RB this weekend it almost certainly wasn’t Nate Frazier. He was in Athens all weekend.
Half Baked Boo GIF

The other reason you (unfortunately) know it's not Frazier is that UGA and their insiders would have found out about it. And if there's one thing we know about UGA flips - their insiders will be ALL OVER releasing that info to the entire globe so as to try to blow the deal up.

It's what they did with Raiola. I'm sure any recruit that had even a passing commonality with Dylan was checked and rechecked and then checked again by UGA's staff this past week. If someone was hedging that info would have gotten out.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
Yeah I tried that same GIF search and it came up w nothing of the sort. LOL. What GIF search engine is Rhule using????? Need someone on that now.

I'm standing by my prediction (hope, really) that it's a HS player who flipped and not a confirmation that the Raiola deal is done. I think the DR deal has been done for a while.

I think Rhule's recent excitement is for something else - not DR-related
I don’t think it’s DR related either. Will be an interesting off season

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
Half Baked Boo GIF

The other reason you (unfortunately) know it's not Frazier is that UGA and their insiders would have found out about it. And if there's one thing we know about UGA flips - their insiders will be ALL OVER releasing that info to the entire globe so as to try to blow the deal up.

It's what they did with Raiola. I'm sure any recruit that had even a passing commonality with Dylan was checked and rechecked and then checked again by UGA's staff this past week. If someone was hedging that info would have gotten out.
It’s Walter Nolen (A&M)

(No inside info just trying to make sense of a Walter ducking Payton gif in the heat of portal times).

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t think it’s DR related either. Will be an interesting off season
I mean for all the "👀"s that were tweeted out by NU staffers this past week & the Rhule "if you only knew" stuff.... you would assume they'd only be doing that for some really big signees.

If it turns out that we just got a couple high 3 or one low 4 star guys (bc they want to follow Dylan) I will LOL.

I'm not trying to be greedy or entitled....I'm just saying that that won't match the hysteria level of those tweets that have been coming out of the football offices these last 4 days.

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
I mean for all the "👀"s that were tweeted out by NU staffers this past week & the Rhule "if you only knew" stuff.... you would assume they'd only be doing that for some really big signees.

If it turns out that we just got a couple high 3 or one low 4 star guys (bc they want to follow Dylan) I will LOL.

I'm not trying to be greedy or entitled....I'm just saying that that won't match the hysteria level of those tweets that have been coming out of the football offices these last 4 days.
I also think Benning let the cat out of the bag with his comments about a major surprise.

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member
RE: the Walter Payton GIF

I think it's a HS RB that Rhule & co flipped. I actually think Rhule likes fuckin with us enough that he would pick a GIF of an actual RB to represent it. Remember Rhule is the guy who would actually type out full sentences via emoji back a few months ago.

I'm a psycho but I'm hoping he got Nate Frazier to flip his commitment. That would be a legit justification for all the "👀"s we've been seeing. And the "fireworks" predictions, etc.

But again, I'm a psycho and also not very bright.
I don’t remember where I read it (might have even been on this board) but someone recently posted an interview with Frazier’s mom after this Raiola stuff started and he seemed VERY much into Georgia still. I know him and Dylan had been linked earlier in the cycle but at this point I think he just wants to be a dawg.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

"I'm just saying that that won't match the hysteria level" is basically Nebraska's motto at this point

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
Think of all the connections in Texas (the state) and A&M DL coach. Also Ole Miss getting Princely (or whatever one it is) this would be the perfect payback as Ole miss already got a couple DL guys.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
"I'm just saying that that won't match the hysteria level" is basically Nebraska's motto at this point
Yep.

To be fair though, the fans are SOMEWHAT justified in this one bc there's an expectation that if you grab the #1 QB in the nation that you'll very likely pull in 2-3 other high ranking recruits with him. That's what generally happens.

Problem is, Dylan's switch to NU is coming so late that it's too late for guys to move/change their commitments. So we may not get that much with Dylan this DEC.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yep.

To be fair though, the fans are SOMEWHAT justified in this one bc there's an expectation that if you grab the #1 QB in the nation that you'll very likely pull in 2-3 other high ranking recruits with him. That's what generally happens.

Problem is, Dylan's switch to NU is coming so late that it's too late for guys to move/change their commitments. So we may not get that much with Dylan this DEC.
Yeah it's too late to pull any high ranked guys along with Dylan. Selling the idea of playing with him to transfers and 2025 kids is the play now

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Think of all the connections in Texas (the state) and A&M DL coach. Also Ole Miss getting Princely (or whatever one it is) this would be the perfect payback as Ole miss already got a couple DL guys.
Walter Nolen would be huge obviously but I thought he was pretty much a done deal to Ole Miss.

Also isn't DT like the our strongest position on the team? Not that we wouldn't add a guy like that in a heartbeat.

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
Walter Nolen would be huge obviously but I thought he was pretty much a done deal to Ole Miss.

Also isn't DT like the our strongest position on the team? Not that we wouldn't add a guy like that in a heartbeat.
Agreed but the Walter Payton gif is so random. No one can even find it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds