Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Cover 3 Podcast today

Didn’t someone post stats Thompson is a turnover machine himself when he has pressure?
I remember seeing that stat. That his turnover percentage rate was actually higher than AM under pressure

Nebraska hasn't had a positive turnover margin average since 2016

Hmmm.... I wonder if this has any correlation to our lack of wins as of late? I wonder if this is a litmus test of a well coached team? 🤔 That stat is.....

tenor.gif

...and extremely depressing.

Maybe at WR although their 3rd or 4th string guy, Marcus Washington, transferred to Nebraska and is now...probably 4th or 5th on the list? He's a guy possibly vying for time. Their WR group this year is really good at UT because of 2 transfers.

Their OL was really, really bad. Against a conference that, outside of OU, doesn't not have near the defensive lines that Nebraska faced last year in Michigan, Ohio St, Cockeyes, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Maybe even throw Michigan St in there.

I think that is something you have to factor in negatively too. Casey Thompson did not face nearly as well equipped and coached defenses in the Big 12 on a consistent basis that he will this year. Wisconsin - stud DC, Cockeyes - stud DC, Illinois - stud DC, Michigan - unknown, Minnesota - consistently good...like top 25ish last year on defense.

I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and it was a K State love fest. Of course they love to dog me about Nebraska and then they got on the topic of how bad the Big 10 west is. I had to stop them...the Big 10 West is no Big 10 East, it's no SEC West and because of Georgia not as good as the SEC East but they are thought of as this terrible division because that's who they get compared to...the top divisions in the college football...but 2021 OU, Ok St, Baylor those guys would have been in absolute dog fights in the Big 10 West. No guarantee any of them would have won it last year.
These are great points. I also hadn’t considered the Texas Rb angle. I didn’t realize how good their run game was.

And LOL at k state thinking they’re tough. They’d get bent over in the big ten west. Same with OK state and very possibly OU. Cockeye getting their prostates scalped by what’s usually a weak Michigan team doesn’t help the image. But a big ten west team hitting 10-11 wins is usually in discussion for things like the rose bowl. Whereas in the big twelve it’s barely a lock for the ketchup state/Burt’s carpet cleaning bowl.

I will miss that on any given play where our OL breaks down, AM could keep it for 30 yards down the field without breaking a sweat. Defenses had to scheme for that and I don’t think they’ll have to as much with CT.

And as I type this, it occurs to me that Adrian did in fact break body parts on his improv / designed scrambles.
Yep scramble factor definitely isn’t there. But sometimes that “OL breakdown” was Martinez holding the ball too long

Hmmm.... I wonder if this has any correlation to our lack of wins as of late? I wonder if this is a litmus test of a well coached team? 🤔 That stat is.....

tenor.gif

...and extremely depressing.
No, I think we have had like 5 years where we were positive in turnover margin going to like 2000. Nebraska has been dog shit bad at turnover margin for a long time now. The 1 year we were 2nd in the nation we shit canned Frank. Yet during that time we won a lot of games (minus the HCMR and Frost eras). I mean shit we went to a national championship game with a negative turnover margin.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back