Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Cover 3 Podcast today

HuskerGarrett

A different animal and the same beast
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Really good listen today. They talk a lot about Nebraska and expectations this year. Nebraska talk starts around 11:10

Good quote from Chip Patterson: "Nebraska is, without a doubt, one of the most interesting teams in all of college football right now."
Cover 3 is pretty good for info. I also like listening to Zach Smith. He is a little Ohio State centric, but he does a good job of covering college football on his podcast without a filter. The other day he wanted to take an IQ test with Desmond Howard because he believes Howard is retarded. I had to laugh.

Cover 3 is pretty good for info. I also like listening to Zach Smith. He is a little Ohio State centric, but he does a good job of covering college football on his podcast without a filter. The other day he wanted to take an IQ test with Desmond Howard because he believes Howard is retarded. I had to laugh.
Is that the psycho ex Ohio coach?

Is that the psycho ex Ohio coach?
Yep...

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

They lean unders on 7.5 win total...and that N covers @ 10.5 against Northwestern.

Agree on the first prediction, not sure about the 2nd.
Yeah I got to 7 wins when I ran through the schedule last week.

No clue on Nw 10.5...
  1. Part of me knows Nw is basically a P5 team with Juco talent that plays assignment sound football.
  2. Nw struggles early in the year historically.
  3. Rule of thumb... you should historically bet the under and fade bigger numbers early in the year. Even though 10 isn't a massive number.
  4. I think Nw also plays conservative enough, that we might have problems rise given us trying to merge all the new pieces together and might make it tough for us to cover.
I probably avoid it and hit the under expecting an ugly game early.

Yeah I got to 7 wins when I ran through the schedule last week.

No clue on Nw 10.5...
  1. Part of me knows Nw is basically a P5 team with Juco talent that plays assignment sound football.
  2. Nw struggles early in the year historically.
  3. Rule of thumb... you should historically bet the under and fade bigger numbers early in the year. Even though 10 isn't a massive number.
  4. I think Nw also plays conservative enough that we might have problems rise given us trying to merge all the new pieces together.
I probably avoid it and hit the under expecting an ugly game early.
Enjoyed 247 podcast’s take on the NW game. Whipple said first games are lost more than they are won. Nebraska knows that if they don’t turn the ball over they likely win this game easily.

Now Nebraska not turning the ball over…yikes. But sounds like Whipple is hammering that point home.

3. Rule of thumb...you should historically bet the under and fade bigger numbers early in the year. Even though 10 isn't a massive number.
10.5 feels like a massive number to me for this game. Probably just because I'm not allowing myself to being tricked into is fixing any of the ails that have kept us in the shitter in the HCSF era. Plus I'm pretty sure it opened at -12.

Taking those points all day long, feels like we scratch and claw our way to a 3 point win.

Enjoyed 247 podcast’s take on the NW game. Whipple said first games are lost more than they are won. Nebraska knows that if they don’t turn the ball over they likely win this game easily.

Now Nebraska not turning the ball over…yikes. But sounds like Whipple is hammering that point home.
Fwiw DB said that was the most likely thing to turn around.

Feels like we have had turnover prone QBs for decades.

10.5 feels like a massive number to me for this game. Probably just because I'm not allowing myself to being tricked into is fixing any of the ails that have kept us in the shitter in the HCSF era. Plus I'm pretty sure it opened at -12.

Taking those points all day long, feels like we scratch and claw our way to a 3 point win.
Yeah I think if it was based on talent alone this game would be in the 17 ish range for points. I think all the other variables of this game probably shaved a solid TD off of the number.

I am probably staying away from this game except the total of 50.5. FYI the game is 12.5 on fan duel.

Didn’t someone post stats Thompson is a turnover machine himself when he has pressure?
Not to my knowledge....

UT OL was awful. I posted a stat showing the pressure rate CT was under. It was worst in the Big 12 IIRC.

CT has lost 1 fumble His career and has 5 rushing TDs. He also has 30 passing TDs to 9 ints. So you have 35 TDs to 10 TOs. 3.5 to 1.

2AM has lost 18 fumbles his career and has 35 rushing TDs. He also has 45 passing TDs to 30 ints. So you have 80 TDs to 48. 1.6 to 1.

So we basically doubled and some our ratio of TDs to TOs.

Not to my knowledge....

UT OL was awful. I posted a stat showing the pressure rate CT was under. It was worst in the Big 12 IIRC.

CT has lost 1 fumble His career and has 5 rushing TDs. He also has 30 passing TDs to 9 ints. So you have 35 TDs to 10 TOs. 3.5 to 1.

2AM has lost 18 fumbles his career and has 35 rushing TDs. He also has 45 passing TDs to 30 ints. So you have 80 TDs to 48. 1.6 to 1.

So we basically doubled and some our ratio of TDs to TOs.
Cringe Reaction GIF

It’s possible our OL and guaranteed our WR will be a tier below what he had at UT. I do think he has better awareness but what do I know
Maybe at WR although their 3rd or 4th string guy, Marcus Washington, transferred to Nebraska and is now...probably 4th or 5th on the list? He's a guy possibly vying for time. Their WR group this year is really good at UT because of 2 transfers.

Their OL was really, really bad. Against a conference that, outside of OU, doesn't not have near the defensive lines that Nebraska faced last year in Michigan, Ohio St, Cockeye, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Maybe even throw Michigan St in there.

I think that is something you have to factor in negatively too. Casey Thompson did not face nearly as well equipped and coached defenses in the Big 12 on a consistent basis that he will this year. Wisconsin - stud DC, Cockeye - stud DC, Illinois - stud DC, Michigan - unknown, Minnesota - consistently good...like top 25ish last year on defense.

I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and it was a K State love fest. Of course they love to dog me about Nebraska and then they got on the topic of how bad the Big 10 west is. I had to stop them...the Big 10 West is no Big 10 East, it's no SEC West and because of Georgia not as good as the SEC East but they are thought of as this terrible division because that's who they get compared to...the top divisions in the college football...but 2021 OU, Ok St, Baylor those guys would have been in absolute dog fights in the Big 10 West. No guarantee any of them would have won it last year.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back