Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Could you fight in a civil war? (1 Viewer)

Kazman5k

Cornerback
Elite Member
Only time I’ve considered it is when Minnesota, etc fans recommend kicking us out of big ten

GNRhusker

Defensive Lineman
Evil Smile GIF

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I probably would only join the fight if it was clear one side was going to kill me but I’d most likely leave for a place like New Zealand(no snakes & hobbits) before the fighting starts

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
This'll undoubtedly turn political, but at least humor me for a page or two.

Saw the movie Civil War tonight. Solid show that gets you thinking for sure.

I kept thinking the whole time: I could never willingly fight in a civil war. Protecting my own property and family, yes. But fighting a large scale war against other Americans, regardless of ideology is not something I think I could bring myself to do.
Assume you are talking about psychology. I think I'm pretty much with you. I could defend, don't think I'd have any issue killing another American if they are attacking me, family , friends, neighbors etc. But at the same time, no way am I joining a group to go kill Americans in an offensive attack because they have a different opinion. I really don't have an issue killing people, but it has to be clearly justified, black and white, no gray area or it will eat your soul.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
To protect family and self is a no brainer. For those saying that they wouldn’t over political stuff etc….while that’s no reason to start flinging freedom fries down range, it doesn’t matter what the cause, if someone invokes danger on me (in the form of war) it wouldn’t take a millisecond to flip a switch and start killing to stay alive. Much like a fight where you black out for a few seconds or the one time I boxed, I went from a lax feeling like this will be fun until I got hit then I instantly got pissed off. Long story short, yes I could engage in civil war if I had to. I would not start one but I sure as fuck wouldn’t stand there and die for no reason.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
To protect family and self is a no brainer. For those saying that they wouldn’t over political stuff etc….while that’s no reason to start flinging freedom fries down range, it doesn’t matter what the cause, if someone invokes danger on me (in the form of war) it wouldn’t take a millisecond to flip a switch and start killing to stay alive. Much like a fight where you black out for a few seconds or the one time I boxed, I went from a lax feeling like this will be fun until I got hit then I instantly got pissed off. Long story short, yes I could engage in civil war if I had to. I would not start one but I sure as fuck wouldn’t stand there and die for no reason.
At least what I got from the OP.

Most of us don't have an issue joining the local militia and defending our town from invaders, using deadly force.

But

that is a lot different than joining a rebellion and going out and assaulting San Francisco.

In the words of Tom Clancy there has to be "Clear and Present Danger" for me to feel morally correct enough to go out and assault a different American area.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds