Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Could you fight in a civil war? (2 Viewers)

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
This'll undoubtedly turn political, but at least humor me for a page or two.

Saw the movie Civil War tonight. Solid show that gets you thinking for sure.

I kept thinking the whole time: I could never willingly fight in a civil war. Protecting my own property and family, yes. But fighting a large scale war against other Americans, regardless of ideology is not something I think I could bring myself to do.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
shocked ron burgundy GIF

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
You mean like if one broke out today, or are you asking if we could have fought in the 1861 one?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Could I? Sure. In short bursts with an afternoon nap. I'm old, after all.

Would I? It's hard to fathom any scenario in which I'd want to go to war against my fellow Americans. Self-defense only unless someone represents an invading force that wants to decimate my family and friends. Then put us old cranky guys out front and let all those years of staring down a barrel pay dividends for those I hold dear.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I could if my family was in danger. I certainly couldn’t over any of the stupid ass political shit we see in the news now.
Exactly my feelings. I hate politics as it is. I certainly have my own feelings on all these hot button topics, but not enough to make it my identity and certainly not enough to pull the trigger on someone else over it. It's more like I feel strong enough about them to roll my eyes over other people's thoughts.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
If I had no choice, yeah, I would. Probably more of an IT guy though in the fight.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
I'd probably just a find the most accessible way to war profiteer. If I'm being honest, I'm not trying to get ground to dust by Artillery...

That, or I'd simply go live with my wife's family in Mexico until all the retards killed each other off...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds