Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Corey Campbell - Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview

1HuskerDad

Heisman Winner

Let the Rhule Aid continue to flow.
Very impressed by this interview

“I need to prepare them to be football players - not weightlifters”. That was the line that caught my attention the most. I think sometimes that got blurred with other S&C staffs.

Several other nuggets about communicating with position coaches and adapting to requirements to the conference.

Good listen…

Impressive. 2 common themes keep coming to mind when watching these coaches in interviews:
1. All of the coaches seem to be on the same page with the same message
2. O-R-G-A-N-I-Z-A-T-I-O-N man do they seem organized with a well thought out plan in place for everything

It was an okay interview I thought.

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

“I need to prepare them to be football players - not weightlifters”. That was the line that caught my attention the most. I think sometimes that got blurred with other S&C staffs.

Several other nuggets about communicating with position coaches and adapting to requirements to the conference.

Good listen…

That was probably the main line that made my ears perk up. I have the highest respect for Duval and the Husker Power program, but I think the last few years fall under that category. While I do believe we made big strides in certain areas that were needed, fluid movement never caught back up like I expected it to

Good listen…

That man is a sexual Tyrannosaurus.

It was an okay interview I thought.

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura
I actually disagree. I thought it was a great interview. He didn't give a lot of "coach speak," but gave mostly well thought out answers that showed that he understands his role and has a plan to execute that role.

As others have pointed out, his quote "I need to prepare them to be football players, not weightlifters" is the perfect summary. His job isn't to make the biggest, strongest team. His job is to just give his players the resources to be the best footballers they can be.

I actually disagree. I thought it was a great interview. He didn't give a lot of "coach speak," but gave mostly well thought out answers that showed that he understands his role and has a plan to execute that role.

As others have pointed out, his quote "I need to prepare them to be football players, not weightlifters" is the perfect summary. His job isn't to make the biggest, strongest team. His job is to just give his players the resources to be the best footballers they can be.
While that sounds super cheesy and I've got a strong suspicion you fantasized about sucking on his penis it was a good quote. I liked it too no homo.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back