Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Colorado v Colorado St thug game (2 Viewers)

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It’s hilarious how much the networks are protecting the ratings. Sanders as a QB is legit but the refs iced the game

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I'd like to hear someone explain to me how that was an illegal Blind Side block when he hit him right between the numbers in the chest.

Didn't see the play. However blindside blocks are increased again this year and a point of emphasis from NCAA down to youth ball.

A player who is unable to defend himself or area of concentration is away from the block cannot be blocked with any sort of forcable contact except for basketball style screen or two handed open hand contact. Any sort of leading with shoulder, arms not extended with forcable contact is a blindside block. Not new this year just seeing more of it again.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Didn't see the play. However blindside blocks are increased again this year and a point of emphasis from NCAA down to youth ball.

A player who is unable to defend himself or area of concentration is away from the block cannot be blocked with any sort of forcable contact except for basketball style screen or two handed open hand contact. Any sort of leading with shoulder, arms not extended with forcable contact is a blindside block. Not new this year just seeing more of it again.
The defender was running across the field in pursuit of the play and the offensive player disengaged from one block and blocked him square in the chest with his shoulder. It was definitely not a Kenny Bell type play, but I don't think the defender could argue he couldn't defend himself. But it was about 2:00 in the morning when it happened, so I may be a little hazy.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

@alt f4

This is the link to the blindside block video. I'm not on twitter so I don't have an option to share it anymore. Edit... Nevermind... The cut and paste worked.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider

@alt f4

This is the link to the blindside block video. I'm not on twitter so I don't have an option to share it anymore. Edit... Nevermind... The cut and paste worked.

Yeah I'm calling that. You can go blindside block or unnecessary roughness. If a forward pass was thrown you have potential for offensive pass interference. Same penalty yardage for each.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I'm calling that. You can go blindside block or unnecessary roughness. If a forward pass was thrown you have potential for offensive pass interference. Same penalty yardage for each.
Kobe Bryant GIF

It was a run so no PI.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds