Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Cockeye's Offensive woes deserve their own thread. This is glorious (5 Viewers)

Herbie

Quarterback
Expect an announcement tomorrow. Kevin Johns is the new OC
Johns is confusing if he’s actually good.
He’s been the OC of some good offenses. But his head coaches were also Kevin Wilson, Kliff Kingsbury and Mike Norvell. And at Indiana he had Seth Littrell as a co oc.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Johns is confusing if he’s actually good.
He’s been the OC of some good offenses. But his head coaches were also Kevin Wilson, Kliff Kingsbury and Mike Norvell. And at Indiana he had Seth Littrell as a co oc.
People smarter than me seem to think it would be a good hire

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Expect an announcement tomorrow. Kevin Johns is the new OC
so-close.gif

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Sounds like Kevin Johns was the second option. Or maybe the first option, but turned them down. Hard to blame him for not wanting to move to Cockeye just to run Kirk's offense.

Scuttle was that Lester blew them away in the interview. Very easy to imagine a guy like Lester capitulating when asked about collaboration and Johns being a bit more proud considering he should have better opportunities on the market. Johns was thought to be in the bag until Friday afternoon.

Idk, I guess he had a lot to do with Jordan Love’s development over there so who knows but this team has about one good year left and then they’ll be fighting for bowl games. It was made pretty clear throughout the search that Kirk still owns the university and isn’t going anywhere soon. I will revel in that.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I stand by my statement that this is Kirk's offense and he needs someone willing to put up less than 200yds of O and 17pts per game and keep the O a distant third behind D and punting as a priority in their formula. He's not ever bringing in an innovative offensive coordinator. That's not the Cockeye identity under Kuck.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds