Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Cockeye (Iovva) OC (1 Viewer)

doublewing

Running Back
I really don't see this happening. It's "Urban Meyer to Nebraska" level of message board fodder.

It's the opposite of what Kirk likes to do schematically and I've never sensed a mutual respect between Frost and Ferentz. It would be like TO hiring Rick Neuheisel to run the NU offense in the 1990's.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I really don't see this happening. It's "Urban Meyer to Nebraska" level of message board fodder.

It's the opposite of what Kirk likes to do schematically and I've never sensed a mutual respect between Frost and Ferentz. It would be like TO hiring Rick Neuheisel to run the NU offense in the 1990's.
Agreed.

I'd like to see Deacon Hill run what Frost would call. That would be like watching a walrus try to do the limbo.

whoboppin

Linebacker
I think Frost would be fine a an OC if he didnt have to recruit or develop players. If he went to Bama for instance, I think he would be succesful.

Cockeye has like 2 scholorship WRs, a suspect OL, and a QB that throws for like 115yards a game. I think whoever they get as OC will be fairly terrible as long as Ferentz is there.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
the only concern I have about Frost as Cockeye's OC is that he expedites Kirk's firing/retirement and opens the possibility they hire someone better

he's not putting a competent offense on the field with the talent they have

Reactions: Irv

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Judging by the picture, gotta be Mangino or Weis.
All I can think of with Mangino is the bath towel stories

Ryan Reynolds Want GIF

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Here's your chance for those of you who think they can call a better game as an offensive coordinator.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...p&cvid=11c9fb3e57fb476ebcbbf07257d0ee6b&ei=14

If you want to be Cockeye's offensive coordinator for next season and beyond, now's your chance.
Cockeye's offensive coordinator job has been posted on the university's job board. It went live on Wednesday morning.
Cockeye will be looking for a new OC after announcing that current OC Brian Ferentz will not return for the 2024 season.
It's a move that was widely expected to happen since Cockeye's offense was dreadful this season. Despite reaching the Big Ten Championship Game, Cockeye only averaged 16.6 points per game and also only had 22 total touchdowns.

Those are numbers that are unacceptable and it's one of the biggest reasons why Cockeye is running a national search for its next OC.
Cockeye still has one more game left to play before turning the clock to next season. The Cockeyes will take on the Tennessee Volunteers in the Citrus Bowl on Jan. 1.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
They're going to proceed with formal interviews now that the job is legally open for applicants. Probably have a hire by this time next week. whether or not they announce it until after the bowl game is TBD

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
So is frost struggling to find OC gigs or is it early in the hiring cycle & Cockeye is just one of the first options available?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds