Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Cockeye hires Jon Budmayr for WR coach (2 Viewers)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think it's hilarious when a fanbase thinks a WR coach is gonna be a massive difference maker for their team. It's not worth getting your panties in a bunch over a WR coach. That position group needs TALENT above all. Size, speed, strength, athleticism....talent. That's how you look like an amazing WR coach, have players like that.
I'd normally agree. But this one...I buy the "panties in a bunch"

His greatest claim is that he brought Deacon Hill to Cockeye City...that's not great. My Cockeye buddy put it this way, you are putting a coach that produced the worst QB performance of all time and asking him to overhaul the worst WR room of all time.

When you put it that way, I think the frustration is less about getting this insanely influential, tide turning, WR Coach and it's more that this signals that KF ain't doing SHIT differently despite wasting what can easily be discussed as the greatest Defense of all time that couldn't win a natty with a joke of offensive output.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'd normally agree. But this one...I buy the "panties in a bunch"

His greatest claim is that he brought Deacon Hill to Cockeye City...that's not great. My Cockeye buddy put it this way, you are putting a coach that produced the worst QB performance of all time and asking him to overhaul the worst WR room of all time.

When you put it that way, I think the frustration is less about getting this insanely influential, tide turning, WR Coach and it's more that this signals that KF ain't doing SHIT differently despite wasting what can easily be discussed as the greatest Defense of all time that couldn't win a natty with a joke of offensive output.
Settle down with the goat talk. Even if it is a backhanded compliment. Part of the reason the defense is good is because the offense is so conservative it shortens the game.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Settle down with the goat talk. Even if it is a backhanded compliment. Part of the reason the defense is good is because the offense is so conservative it shortens the game.
I want to make sure this is clear - not greatest of all time

Greatest of all time that has no shot at a national championship. Very different.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
I think it's hilarious when a fanbase thinks a WR coach is gonna be a massive difference maker for their team. It's not worth getting your panties in a bunch over a WR coach. That position group needs TALENT above all. Size, speed, strength, athleticism....talent. That's how you look like an amazing WR coach, have players like that.
Would be better just to field five TE’s.

The Bearded One

Safety
Elite Member
This is the right answer. Imma take a lap
sad twilight GIF

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Probably not even Cockeye’s goat defense. Their 2009-2010 orange bowl team probably had more talent.

Cockeye is one of the luckiest teams out there & it helps when every team in the west was awful on offense last season. When other teams have a few legit NFL guys on offense, they start to look pretty average like when Cockeye fans were saying they’d have shut Palmer down if they had dejean but I gotta feeling even he would’ve got mossed on the 4.3 post route.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds