Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Cockeye Game Week (1 Viewer)

IM4NUALWAYS

Linebacker
Elite Member
Game day ready for my Friday afternoon ride around CouncilTucky:

View attachment 29968

The only real question remaining: How will we find a new and interesting way to fuck up and give the game away this week?
Stat wise they have a better defense than we do in many categories.

It will not take much to give them the game. If we can run at all I will be amazed. With our ST and passing as bad as they are we may not score.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s not. He’s going to be around for at least two more years
A lot of people think he's out after this year. You saw him after the game? He couldn't make it to the post-game press conference for 90 minutes.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
A lot of people think he's out after this year. You saw him after the game? He couldn't make it to the post-game press conference for 90 minutes.
I was there with my wife's family - he didn't give the place a second look walking off the field.

Couple things the guy is still chasing:

1. He's about two good years away from being the winningest head coach in big ten history

2. He needs to win two of the last three to be the eligible for the HOF if he were to retire this year. You need a 60% win percentage and he's at 59.5% - no shit. He'll have to beat either Missouri, Ole Miss, LSU, Michigan, or Ohio State regardless of how Black Friday goes. Do the math. They don't really waive that requirement either. Mike Leach and Joe Tiller are both excluded

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
I'm one of them.

I think Kirk and Phil leave together. He's always emotional after games, but nothing like the last two.

Phil cried in the Lockeroom. That shit never happens.

Last edited:

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
It's going to be a battle to see which fanbase can bitch about the officiating more.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was there with my wife's family - he didn't give the place a second look walking off the field.

Couple things the guy is still chasing:

1. He's about two good years away from being the winningest head coach in big ten history

2. He needs to win two of the last three to be the eligible for the HOF if he were to retire this year. You need a 60% win percentage and he's at 59.5% - no shit. He'll have to beat either Missouri, Ole Miss, LSU, Michigan, or Ohio State regardless of how Black Friday goes. Do the math. They don't really waive that requirement either. Mike Leach and Joe Tiller are both excluded
He was on the sideline crying his eyes out before the end of the game - close-up on television

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
He was on the sideline crying his eyes out before the end of the game - close-up on television

It's pretty reasonable to assume that had a lot to do with the Brian dynamic - he's good for one or two of those a season anyway.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think he had another emotional win & my Cockeye buddies were saying he was retiring. I’m betting on the Brian Ferentz last season being the reasons why & not retirement. I don’t think he wants to do the university any favors & walk from, what 40mil

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
Well, last year they had to beat us to win the West and that didn't work out. I feel they'll be looking ahead to Michigan or tOSU and won't care about this game.
We also had Trey Plamer last year which single handedly won us that game. We don't have anyone close to that caliber this year and that's being nice. The only one close Washington is injured and Kemp if he weren't 3'5

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
We also had Trey Plamer last year which single handedly won us that game. We don't have anyone close to that caliber this year and that's being nice. The only one close Washington is injured and Kemp if he weren't 3'5
That’s why it’s hard for me to be super critical of the offense and the play calling this year. Not just at WR, play making in general. It’s gotta be a huge uphill battle game planning based on that.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds