Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bowl Game

Additional side to this that I haven't really seen mentioned much (think I made a comment on 3-a-days at some point before), but it's December 20. Bowl practices are essentially just another game week, maybe two at the most. This simply isn't a normal time, but for some reason, normal time logic is all that seems to be applied in this conversation.

Additional side to this that I haven't really seen mentioned much (think I made a comment on 3-a-days at some point before), but it's December 20. Bowl practices are essentially just another game week, maybe two at the most. This simply isn't a normal time, but for some reason, normal time logic is all that seems to be applied in this conversation.

I was having a conversation with myself today to try to figure out when bowl invitations would normally be extended, and how much prep time teams and coaches would get.

I know I could look it up, but am out of gas now.

From my failing memory, aren't teams allotted 12 bowl practices if they make a bowl? There aren't 12 days between today and the bowls.

I was having a conversation with myself today to try to figure out when bowl invitations would normally be extended, and how much prep time teams and coaches would get.

I know I could look it up, but am out of gas now.

From my failing memory, aren't teams allotted 12 bowl practices if they make a bowl? There aren't 12 days between today and the bowls.
All of the bowls are between December 21-Jan 2. Any bowl that we would have gone to would be in December. The NCAA also is allowing teams to just play an extra game outside the bowl structure, but I can't imagine that would be much later than the bowls. It's not really a bowl game...it's just another game and an additional week of game prep. That doesn't have the traditional value that bowl prep has (essentially a second spring practice slate).

Believe the number is 15 for typical bowl practices, thus the "second spring ball" moniker that's often used when talking about the value of making a bowl game. Mind you, the season is typically over Thanksgiving weekend.

All of the bowls are between December 21-Jan 2. Any bowl that we would have gone to would be in December. The NCAA also is allowing teams to just play an extra game outside the bowl structure, but I can't imagine that would be much later than the bowls. It's not really a bowl game...it's just another game and an additional week of game prep. That doesn't have the traditional value that bowl prep has (essentially a second spring practice slate).

Believe the number is 15 for typical bowl practices, thus the "second spring ball" moniker that's often used when talking about the value of making a bowl game. Mind you, the season is typically over Thanksgiving weekend.

Wait, what day is it now?

All right, I'll still watch any bowl game Nebraska plays in, but I don't think it makes sense for them to do so considering the low tier bowl they would probably be in, and how early it would likely be on the calendar.

We’ve got a kid on a D1 roster. And they are opting out of a bowl. He said you could tell the coaches were almost relieved. I know he’s been quarantined once and has been tested over 50 times. It’s got to be stressful.

We’ve got a kid on a D1 roster. And they are opting out of a bowl. He said you could tell the coaches were almost relieved. I know he’s been quarantined once and has been tested over 50 times. It’s got to be stressful.
Thanks for the insight. Also don’t see 2021 being any different.

Thanks for the insight. Also don’t see 2021 being any different.
Pretty high chance teams and staff are vaccinated by the end of the summer. There will still be stricter protocols than normal times, but shouldn't be nearly as much of a mental slog next fall. If we're still in the same spot, a 2021 season probably shouldn't happen.

This seems to be lost on a number of posters over on the scrolls. We aren’t talking about extra weeks of practice. We’re talking days. Thanks for pointing this out.

There are some real gems being posted on the scrolls. Rufus going full Rufus.

Pretty high chance teams and staff are vaccinated by the end of the summer. There will still be stricter protocols than normal times, but shouldn't be nearly as much of a mental slog next fall. If we're still in the same spot, a 2021 season probably shouldn't happen.
I don't know about high chance, but certainly more likely to be normalish rather than this season

I’m thankful for this thread on this board tonight because the “no bowl game” thread on RSS might take the cake for highest tater ratio of any thread I’ve seen in a long time. Holy moly.

I canceled my Scrolls membership this morning. The amount of mouth breathers and window lickers is just too disproportionate to the level headed anymore.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back