Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bowl Game

Depends if we are voted in to the playoff or not

giphy.gif

Based on Frost's post-game comments on the BTN last night, it sounds as if the players would prefer to be done with this season and spend the holidays with their families. While I understand the sentiment, this conundrum has been dealt with by every Husker team that played in a quasi-significant bowl game in years gone by without issue.

First, someone's gotta ask ya to keep playing, THEN you can decide if you're up to the challenge.

We are gonna get hammered by the national media for not wanting to play after everything that’s happened this season.

It seems more and more of society isn't caring as much what the media think. They're parrots with a keyboard that don't generally do their homework. That's just me though.

At the same time, I'm sure you're probably right.

It seems more and more of society isn't caring as much what the media think. They're parrots with a keyboard that don't generally do their homework. That's just me though.

At the same time, I'm sure you're probably right.
I don't think so. The season was a grind for the players and it'd be pretty stupid if to act like it wouldn't be understandable if they're exhausted, especially with the number of other teams calling it a year to enjoy the holidays.

As far as on the field goes it was a horrific year, but Frost should be proud as hell of his team for doing the right thing all season off the field, imo

Last edited:
Based on Frost's post-game comments on the BTN last night, it sounds as if the players would prefer to be done with this season and spend the holidays with their families. While I understand the sentiment, this conundrum has been dealt with by every Husker team that played in a quasi-significant bowl game in years gone by without issue.

First, someone's gotta ask ya to keep playing, THEN you can decide if you're up to the challenge.
Know something every other bowl-era Husker team hasn't dealt with that this team has?

The season was a grind for the players and it'd be pretty stupid if to act like it wouldn't be understandable if they're exhausted

Know something every other bowl-era Husker team hasn't dealt with that this team has?

Does anyone here know how the semester and football regimen changed this year at NU, aside from a cancelled season to a resurrected one?

This school year was a grind. Start a week early and cancel all holidays in order to finish two weeks early, while technically still having a 15-week federally mandated semester schedule. I never knew how important the occasional three day weekend was to keep up sanity, but I also don't have to go to football practice and team meetings on top of it.

That said, if Nebraska plays in a bowl game, I'm watching and will have all sorts of unfounded confidence in the team going into kickoff. The bowl practices would be great for 2021 if any progress is to be made.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back