Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Big 10 TV deal taking shape (1 Viewer)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
there's also this

giphy.gif

Could be a big nothing burger, but it has potential to be fascinating with respect to how this is going to play out. My sense: the Irish stay independent.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why? They are eligible for the playoffs and it’s highly unlikely that will change; especially considering the playoff expansion talk. They are looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 million per year from NBC and don’t have to deal with conference scheduling or their rules. They have 5 games required against ACC teams and can schedule whomever they want for the other 7.
As these super conferences like the sec and BiG keep growing who is Notre Dame going to schedule to have a decent strength of schedule? It seems like these conferences will just be playing all conference games at some point.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Notre Dame football audience on NBC
SEASONGAMESVIEWERS (000)
2020*54,802
2017^62,742
Those numbers are better than I would expect for the upcoming slate, so I suppose that explains why they have been able to stay independent so far.

DONU

Generally Silent
Elite Member
If Fox, having the the Big Noon game, always gets first choice, you’d have to assume they disproportionately choose Ohio State and Michigan games for top ratings. One would think that lines up well for us, in the next tier of viewership, to be picked frequently in the CBS and NBC slots, meaning fewer morning games. Count me as a fan of avoiding the 11:00am kickoffs.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
If Fox, having the the Big Noon game, always gets first choice, you’d have to assume they disproportionately choose Ohio State and Michigan games for top ratings. One would think that lines up well for us, in the next tier of viewership, to be picked frequently in the CBS and NBC slots, meaning fewer morning games. Count me as a fan of avoiding the 11:00am kickoffs.
I'm also down to avoid 11am kickoffs, which is 10am and even worse here in CO

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Yessir

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I’m very excited for seeing games on CBS. Less so on NBC.

Curious what Amazon and Apples offers were. If they weren’t matching the dollars, typically tech tries to make up the delta with innovative concepts that traditional can’t match. So I wonder if they were trying to counter the money with fan experiences. I could see Amazon offering an integrated fan experience with Amazon stores and a good cut of those proceeds. I really don’t know what Apple could offer. Maybe something to do with building the app and improved performance or integration with the Apple apps. Anyway, would be curious what we are passing up for more cash.

kchusker1423

Linebacker
Elite Member
There's a simple way to avoid 11 am games on BTN. Win football games. When you're 3-8 you don't really get that option.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
Lot of boomers freaking out in the comments, thinking they have to buy 4 apple devices and 5 common shares of AAPL to stream Illinois vs Maryland on a Friday in October.

There’s going to be a lot of Nebraska fans everywhere that are going to bitch when Nebraska is scheduled for one these games and they have to know how to subscribe and pay for an Apple TV subscription, download the app and log in to view it. Think of how many people can’t even post a pic/gif in a message board post.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
There’s going to be a lot of Nebraska fans everywhere that are going to bitch when Nebraska is scheduled for one these games and they have to know how to subscribe and pay for an Apple TV subscription, download the app and log in to view it. Think of how many people can’t even post a pic/gif in a message board post.
And even more don’t even know what a message board is

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds