Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Baseball HOF Ballot (2 Viewers)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Who should make it in? This is one of the first I’ve seen that I’m not blown away by…will be interesting to see who in this class makes it through

I think Helton (numbers), Wagner (6th all time saves), Vizquel (top 5 fielder of all time without debate), Buerhle (can’t tell the story of baseball without him in my opinion) should be it.

Then depending on your stance on the steroid area (I say let them in) - AFraud and Manny are no brainers

C2CDCCDA-1616-4720-B454-21BB3A654DA2.jpeg

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Sheffield at least hit 500 HRs
Helton should be in
Agree on the roids with a rod and manny
Agree with Omar vizquel, guy won 11 gold gloves

Manny Rameriz’ numbers stack up even to now in the modern game. Career .900 OPS is top 10-15 (if I recall correctly) of all time.

I probably go Andruw Jones before I go Omar. But I would listen to the argument each way.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
hard for me to agree on belchin’ buerhle. he never won a Cy young.
I get that. Interesting article on his case…his perfect game was an iconic one, had another no no that he faced the minimum because he picked off the only base runner, and is top 2 all time in pickoffs, forced the most double plays of any pitcher since ‘95. His is a “different than most” view of what would get him in. But the article said it well - “if you got to first base, it was almost impossible to get to 2nd”

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Manny Rameriz’ numbers stack up even to now in the modern game. Career .900 OPS is top 10-15 (if I recall correctly) of all time.

I probably go Andruw Jones before I go Omar. But I would listen to the argument each way.
Omar has the most games played at SS and had the best fielding % of all time at the position at .9847, most double plays, top 5 in hits for SS, led the entire league in fielding % 6 times.

He’s a top 5 defensive player ever - he shouldn’t need a single offensive stat to get in in my opinion.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG

I look at Omar like Ozzie smith. He had 11 gold gloves. Andrew Jones had a really really solid career. 10 gold gloves. No mvp tho.

Maybe they should just put both in lol

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
I get that. Interesting article on his case…his perfect game was an iconic one, had another no no that he faced the minimum because he picked off the only base runner, and is top 2 all time in pickoffs, forced the most double plays of any pitcher since ‘95. His is a “different than most” view of what would get him in. But the article said it well - “if you got to first base, it was almost impossible to get to 2nd”

not going to get too much bellyachin from me other than…a guy whose best Cy Young finish was 5th is now a HOFer. I have much respect for him as a twins fan. But he ain’t no Justin Verlander who is a shoe in.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
Beltran as a first ballot guy? Interesting.

Loved Andruw Jones - thought I’d want him in based on bias of how I remember him…but DAMN his resume stacks up

He had a stellar career from age 19-30. Youngest ever to hit a World Series homer. Only thing I was hittin at age 19 was 400 pound women at church BELLCHH

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I look at Omar like Ozzie smith. He had 11 gold gloves. Andrew Jones had a really really solid career. 10 gold gloves. No mvp tho.

Maybe they should just put both in lol

Andruw will get in. It’s just a question of whether the writers vote him in or if once he’s no longer on their ballet he’ll get voted in by The Players Committee.

Andruw would have actually fit in better now than he did in his era.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
Andruw will get in. It’s just a question of whether the writers vote him in or if once he’s no longer on their ballet he’ll get voted in by The Players Committee.

I hope he does. what I am interested most
about this ballot is if any pitchers make it in.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

I was going to argue with you and call you a Braves homer but his stats are pretty damn solid for that 11 year stretch from 1997-2007. Way better than I remembered.

Omar should get in for the reasons already mentioned ITT.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
I was going to argue with you and call you a Braves homer but his stats are pretty damn solid for that 11 year stretch from 1997-2007. Way better than I remembered.

Omar should get in for the reasons already mentioned ITT.
I think we can at least somewhat agree both those two should get in. sumbitch gawd damit Jim!!

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Who should make it in? This is one of the first I’ve seen that I’m not blown away by…will be interesting to see who in this class makes it through

I think Helton (numbers), Wagner (6th all time saves), Vizquel (top 5 fielder of all time without debate), Buerhle (can’t tell the story of baseball without him in my opinion) should be it.

Then depending on your stance on the steroid area (I say let them in) - AFraud and Manny are no brainers

View attachment 18061
Helton
Andruw
Manny
ARod

The rest of the names are pretty meh

Edit: Maybe add Wagner and Omar Viz

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Feelin pretty damn old that these guys are on the ballot as these were the guys I watched going through my teen years. Imitating Sheffield in pick up baseball games was always really fun, and tough
All the cool kids did his little bat-swirling stance.

I wasn't cool enough to do it, but when someone did it, you know where they got it from.

For me, it's ARod, Sheffield, Vizquel, & Beltran, with Kent & Pettitte close.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds