Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Back Surgery (1 Viewer)

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
So it turns out that I have to go get back surgery on Friday. Apparently I have blown a piece of cartilage out the right side of my L4/L5, which is completely pinching down on the nerve that comes out of there. I had an ER stint 3 weeks ago due yo the pain and have had horrible leg pain ever since. The neurologist said that I must have a pretty high pain tolerance because this was pretty bad per the MRI.

Should be an hour and a half outpatient surgery, so not too worried about it, but curious if anyone else has experience with this type of surgery.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
I'd like to officially discourage pity party posts disguised as questions. I take my role as GodMod very seriously.

You know me well enough to know there ain't no pity shit here... šŸ˜ It has sucked not being able to sleep for more than 2 hours a day for the last 3 weeks, but on the plus side, I think I may have gotten enough opiod prescriptions that I can pay for the kids' college if I can find a buyer... šŸ˜

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
You know me well enough to know there ain't no pity shit here... šŸ˜ It has sucked not being able to sleep for more than 2 hours a day for the last 3 weeks, but on the plus side, I think I may have gotten enough opiod prescriptions that I can pay for the kids' college if I can find a buyer... šŸ˜

Careful with that shit!

Lfaller23

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Had a discectomy 5 years ago right after grad school. L5/S1 was herniated and pain was awful for about a month.

Finally went to ER after a PT appt on a Friday. Had surgery the next morning, was out of the hospital by 2 the next day and havenā€™t had any issues since. Even played basketball like 3 months later (dumb as shit).

Helped that my wife is an occupational therapist that specializes in spinal cord injuries so the surgery really didnā€™t scare me knowing I had her. Every situation is different, but surgery was definitely the right move for me.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
So it turns out that I have to go get back surgery on Friday. Apparently I have blown a piece of cartilage out the right side of my L4/L5, which is completely pinching down on the nerve that comes out of there. I had an ER stint 3 weeks ago due yo the pain and have had horrible leg pain ever since. The neurologist said that I must have a pretty high pain tolerance because this was pretty bad per the MRI.

Should be an hour and a half outpatient surgery, so not too worried about it, but curious if anyone else has experience with this type of surgery.
Good luck man!

Cornicator

Safety
Insider

How old are you?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds