Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ari Wasserman (The Athletic) forecasts Raiola to Nebraska, says commitment may be soon (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Lots of people are often all too interested in blindly bashing “the media,” but Feldman is legit.
He actually had a legit source in our AD, some lower level source. He did his podcast with Mandel last year when Frost was getting fired and Feldman said it was pretty shocking some of the stuff his source was telling him.

He held all of that back and just talks about lack of discipline and disorganization, etc. But he obviously knows at least some of the shit that went down under Frost.

Toe

Wide Receiver
Lots of people are often all too interested in blindly bashing “the media"

And nobody likes to bash "the media" more than the media. Always cracks me up when they refer to themselves in third-person...

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do you think he'll take those USC and Oregon visits? Or do you think it gets wrapped up this weekend?

I'm just wondering why he plans on doing all these other visits with the NU thing being done already.
It's pretty common for people to cancel scheduled visits after they have committed. That's what I would expect him to do. No one would believe he was truly committed if he continued taking visits, and if other schools believed he was truly committed they probably wouldn't want him to visit.

It would also be hard to persuasively peer recruit if you kept visiting other schools.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It sounds like this may be the route he is taking from his interview. I haven't listened to this yet, but someone posted Cliffs on Tater Island:

Pretty solid interview; they talked to Dylan himself on video chat which is a bit different than reading his quotes in an interview. Can see why everyone comments on his maturity. Complimentary but wasn't over the top in his praise for the Georgia visit. Talked about the recruiting staffer that was killed in the car accident, said the feeling on campus was a bit strange as she had been his host the previous 5 visits.

I found it interesting that when the hosts pressed him on when he was going to return or what's next, he was very non-committal. Said after the visit to Nebraska this weekend they'll need to take time to process everything. Didn't mention visiting USC again at all.

The only scheduled visits he has after this weekend are the Nebraska Spring Game and the Oregon Spring Game.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's pretty common for people to cancel scheduled visits after they have committed. That's what I would expect him to do. No one would believe he was truly committed if he continued taking visits, and if other schools believed he was truly committed they probably wouldn't want him to visit.

It would also be hard to persuasively peer recruit if you kept visiting other schools.
No I meant if he continues to not announce it. Big Tone says it's done but Dylan keeps making all these other visits.

I'm just wondering how long he keeps this up. It looks exhausting TBH.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
No I meant if he continues to not announce it. Big Tone says it's done but Dylan keeps making all these other visits.

I'm just wondering how long he keeps this up. It looks exhausting TBH.
It's beginning to look like the plan was to take 3 big visits - USC 3/4, Georgia 3/18, then Nebraska - and announce after that. Yes, I am reading a lot into these tidbits, but it does tie into the Insidher info @HuskerGarrett provided - they had to make the first two visits to ensure the in-laws were comfortable that Dylan was able to fully consider his choice.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I did watch Dylan - his interview was the first ten or so minutes. I'd recommend watching it. He seemed very uncomfortable to me, especially when they suggested they might be talking to him down the road after some big June 2 recruiting event. He was kind of like "yeah, they're doing something, well I gotta go".

They discussed his subsequent visit to see Dr Gray. Dylan said it was great to meet him because he and his family had common connections with him, and it was the perfect thing to do after his Georgia visit.

He said the visit to Dr Gray was the highlight of the weekend trip

Last edited:

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've always found watching OL coaches coach in glorified practices to be exhilarating. They're probably flying in to watch Donnie coach.
No bigger day in an OL coach's life than his sophomore Spring Game!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds