Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Aquariums

tenor.gif

I had one before I moved. Thinking about getting another one. Had 100's of Red Cherry Shrimp. They were fun to watch and very active. Also some African Dwarf Frogs, Tetra's and Corey Catfish. Had a nice balance in the tank. I really miss working on the tank and watching them.

I had one before I moved. Thinking about getting another one. Had 100's of Red Cherry Shrimp. They were fun to watch and very active. Also some African Dwarf Frogs, Tetra's and Corey Catfish. Had a nice balance in the tank. I really miss working on the tank and watching them.
I have African Cichlids and Australian Rainbows. A handful of tiger barbs in there too. Mainly got them to cycle the tank.

I have African Cichlids and Australian Rainbows. A handful of tiger barbs in there too. Mainly got them to cycle the tank.
those are fun. I am more into the community tanks. At one point had over 700 red cherry shrimp in my big tank and was gonna start selling them. Had to leave town for a family thing that ended up being almost a month. When I came back the tank was struggling. My buddy tried taking care of it but just not his strength. Was down to like 50 shrimp. I was getting $1.50/shrimp selling them. Was actually gonna look at possibly doing it as a side business. Can make some good coin and once you get the tank established they reproduce like mad

those are fun. I am more into the community tanks. At one point had over 700 red cherry shrimp in my big tank and was gonna start selling them. Had to leave town for a family thing that ended up being almost a month. When I came back the tank was struggling. My buddy tried taking care of it but just not his strength. Was down to like 50 shrimp. I was getting $1.50/shrimp selling them. Was actually gonna look at possibly doing it as a side business. Can make some good coin and once you get the tank established they reproduce like mad
Mine are mostly smaller Lake Tanganyikans. I only have males. If they aren't breeding they don't bother the other fish. They'd eat the shit out of those shrimp though. At one point I had a bunch of tanks and sold the babies. I ended up spending as much as I made though which was OK.

Have a 90 gallon saltwater reef tank at the office. Pay a service to care for it. Like you need a biology degree to maintain the thing.

Salt itself isn't much more difficult but reefs take it to a whole other level. So much more to balance. A lot more expensive too when you add the extra light and equipment. They can be cool as shit though. You should snap a picture tomorrow.

My setup is a 120. Assuming yours is a standard 90 basically the same dimensions as yours but a little deeper and a little taller.

I assume @Jim14510 started the thread with tongue firmly in cheek, but I'm surprised how much aquarium knowledge and interest there is here. My uncle is a huge nerd, and has the most amazing aquarium.

Salt itself isn't much more difficult but reefs take it to a whole other level. So much more to balance. A lot more expensive too when you add the extra light and equipment. They can be cool as shit though. You should snap a picture tomorrow.

My setup is a 120. Assuming yours is a standard 90 basically the same dimensions as yours but a little deeper and a little taller.

The one at the office is called a 90 gallon “show“ tank. Narrower but taller.

I assume @Jim14510 started the thread with tongue firmly in cheek, but I'm surprised how much aquarium knowledge and interest there is here. My uncle is a huge nerd, and has the most amazing aquarium.

Me as well. Everything got serious (and nerdy) in a hurry. 😆

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back