Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

April Recruiting Thread (16 Viewers)

Herbie

Quarterback

Leaving See Ya GIF by MOODMAN

Kegon

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The most disappointing flaw so far in recruiting has been RB.
The one issue with Barthel is he's from the northeast which is essentially a black hole for where most 4-5* skill players are. Rhule is attempting to build a recruiting belt from Texas to FL/GA. Actually think of a hockey stick/L shape from Omaha down to KC through Oklahoma and Texas then over to FL/GA area.

The problem with Barthel is he has no natural recruiting ties in any of this entire area. That's why he hasn't really bagged an elite RB recruit yet....because they're more often then not going to come from that L shape on our map. And Barthel has no 'in' in that entire area.

That's also why when Barthel was recruiting Kewan Lacy out of the Metroplex he needed Garrett McGuire to close it for him, bc McGuire speaks Texan and Barthel doesn't. And you ain't going into Dallas to pull an elite RB unless you speak the language.

Barthel's recruiting "ins" are in NJ/PA. But unless we get another Rozier coming out of NJ, our next elite RB is probably coming out of TX/FL/GA with the way Rhule sets up his recruiting.

I like Barthel and think he's a good coach....but from a recruiting standpoint, we'd be better off with a RB coach who had insane recruiting ties to Dallas or Houston or Miami or Atlanta.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Herbie

Quarterback
Why tf would I look at Mike Riley and Scott Frost teams when deciding if I should go to Nebraska in 2024?
Because that’s what recruits do and what teams negative recruit against Nebraska for.

If you have nfl aspirations at running back Nebraska is one of the last places you want to go right now

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member
Mongo now predicting Bryson Hayes is N. Between that and what his uncle is saying on RRS it’s a pretty good bet he’ll be our next ‘mute.
I did not have taking two white Midwest wr croots after signing Raiola on my bingo card. Hayes I can be sold on but if Carpenter were an Cockeye legacy from Des Moines I don’t think he’s in the class tbh.

Herbie

Quarterback
I did not have taking two white Midwest wr croots after signing Raiola on my bingo card. Hayes I can be sold on but if Carpenter were an Cockeye legacy from Des Moines I don’t think he’s in the class tbh.
Meh. 3seniors and a metric fuck ton of sophomores and freshman. They’ll take 4-5 with the assumption a couple freshman or sophomore transfer

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Because that’s what recruits do and what teams negative recruit against Nebraska for.

If you have nfl aspirations at running back Nebraska is one of the last places you want to go right now
That might work on a recruit that never talks to a Nebraska staff member, because it’s a pretty simple point to make to not judge Rhule’s teams based on the failings of Riley and Frost.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds