Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

April Recruiting Thread (8 Viewers)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
How many commutes today
200w.gif

Tezzer

Fullback
Elite Member
Anyone got the scoop on the Wiltfong article he posted about recruits and what they had to say about Nebraska visits?

Recruits blown away by the atmosphere at Nebraska's spring game​

There was a ton of excitement around the Nebraska spring game on Saturday. Over 60,000 fans filed into Memorial Stadium to watch true freshman quarterback Dylan Raiola assert himself as the favorite to win the starting job. They also saw transfer running back Dante Dowdell find the end zone twice. Most importantly, they got a feel for a program that is on the uptick in year two of the Matt Rhule era.
“The atmosphere in the stadium was awesome,” Omaha (Neb.) Millard South On300 tight end Chase Loftin said.
“I thought the fans were great and filled the stadium well! I loved talking to all the coaches and had a really good time!”

Nebraska is battling the likes of Florida State, Oklahoma and Texas A&M among others to keep Loftin home.
“It could be a great potential fit with the quarterbacks they have and the great relationships I have with the coaches,” Loftin said. “I also think their offense will be a great fit for tight ends.”

Saturdays like the one in Lincoln give Loftin and many others that were on campus plenty to ponder as they think about playing their college football for the Huskers.

A couple more coveted in-state targets had a great day​

“Atmosphere was good,” Omaha (Neb.) Westside four-star linebacker Christian Jones said. “But the best thing I saw was not on defense but on the offensive side of the ball was they threw the most I’ve seen Nebraska throw. They also caught the ball as much as I’ve seen them before. So that was a good take away from the game and is exciting to see when season comes around.”

Jones is also strongly considering the likes of Tennessee, Texas A&M, USC and Florida.
“Seeing how Nebraska’s culture is being changed under Coach Rhule and the players,” Jones added of what else stands out.
Millard (Neb.) North linebacker Pierce Mooberry is another in-state target the Huskers have their eye on.

“The environment for a spring game was great,” Mooberry said. “Husker fans never disappoint and it’s crazy! Excited to continue my relationship with the coaching staff and learn more about the opportunities offered at Nebraska.
“It’s definitely setting the standard.”

New offer and a flip target​

Nebraska currently has seven commits in the class-of-2025. As Rhule and company push for a second-straight Top25 class, a prospect committed elsewhere in Saraland (Ala.) High four-star receiver and Ole Miss verbal Dillon Alfred made the trip out.

“The environment there was electric,” Alfred said. “The fans showed great love to me by asking for pictures and autographs. Getting an opportunity to play for Nebraska is a blessing. Nebraska is a great place and I will be back.”
Monticello (Minn.) High 2025 Luke Emmerich was offered. He posted on social media it was a great visit and awesome conversation with Rhule.

A huge crop of official visitors​

Nebraska hosted eight official visitors and they’re in the thick of it to land those coveted targets. Those visits will continue into Sunday.
“The weekend has been going great,” Homestead (Fla.) High On300 receiver Cortez Mills said. “The atmosphere was outstanding and the environment was amazing. What excites me about Nebraska is the program and the coaching staff.”

We will have more from the official visitors as they wrap up their respective trips.

Working ahead on the trail​

Nebraska hosted several offered targets in the 2026 class including Brandon (Miss.) High On300 cornerback Preston Ashley who received his scholarship during the trip.
“Lincoln was awesome,” Ashley said. “Definitely up there for one of my best visits. The biggest highlights was seeing my guy Dante Dowdell rush for two touchdowns today and the crowd here was crazy definitely a cool experience. Coach (Evan) Cooper is legit and he’s got good things going with the DB room right now.”

A lot of the reaction from the rising juniors echoed Ashley’s feelings.
“Man it was a game day if you didn’t know what the time of year was!” Maize (Kan.) South defensive lineman Hunter Higgins said. “It was awesome and my family and I just kept looking at each other surprised with everything being a game day like. Just the tunnel walk for example was already lined with people, and they did the same entrance as they do in the fall. It’s exciting how serious they are taking recruiting and relationships and how invested the fans really are. I don’t know many programs that would continue to have sellout crowds with losing records. Nebraska is definitely high on my list. I will say there isn’t much I can think of that they could change to make it better. When you can’t find much negative you know they are doing it right all the way around.”
“The fans are very dedicated to the culture of Nebraska you can tell when the stadium is packed just for the spring game and to be part of that would be such an honor,” Littleton (Colo.) Heritage high tend Camden Jensen said. “After this weekend Nebraska has jumped very high on my recruiting board!”

Fort Collins (Colo.) High 2026 offensive lineman Mason Bandhauer had a great experience.
“I had an unbelievable time,” Bandhauer said. “I was so amazed how many people showed up for the spring game. It felt like they were playing Cockeye or Michigan because of the energy. I think the biggest takeaway is that football is a religion in Nebraska and coach has them playing very, very well.”
Stay tuned to Tater Island and Husker Online as more reaction comes in.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Anyone hear why the OL recruits from Bishop Gorman didn't end up coming? I saw that Ruggeroli made it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds