Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone here ever deal with a compulsive liar? (1 Viewer)

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Research Cluster B Personality Disorder. My daughters mom suffers from that. A learned Borderline Personality Disorder that is a nightmare to treat and deal with. Restraining orders, suicide threats. made up stories & even faking being abused. The Sposal Abuse Charge was not me but a former boyfriend who ended up arrested for abuse on her when she basically was ramming her head into a tree when he said he was breaking up with her. He was arrested and lost his job. I tried breaking up with her and she pulled a knife from my butchers block in the kitchen holding it to her throat saying she would kill herself if I broke up with her. Another time I wouldn't get back together with her and told her to leave my office, only to have her return 30 minutes later telling me she got into a car accident. And she did but appears she did it on purpose because it was literally in the parking lot at my office. An excuse to talk with me. I got stories for days about her crazy behavior. And yes the sex was amazing. She was high up on the Hot/Crazy scale.

It got so bad that numerous therapists & lawyers warned me not to ever be alone with her. One Therapist that had treated her during 2 different problem times of her life would make me leave town if she appeared to be triggered. I'd literally have to drive a couple hours away and get a hotel room or stay with friends. Therapist told me to use my credit cards as much as possible at gas stations, stores & restaurants to prove I was not in town in case she made up lies to the police to try to get me in trouble. Save receipts, take pictures of me at restaurants with friends, schedule things like massages or oil changes, tickets to movies, ...... something where I had plenty of witnesses. No matter what she said she would go down with the ship defending it or blaming others. There were no limits on the levels she would go to in order to be right or get her way. The lies would become facts in her mind.
Damn that’s crazy. Would she lie about little things even when there would be no reason to lie and never back down? Not sure if her condition is the exact topic of this thread here.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Animated GIF

Not really though.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Damn that’s crazy. Would she lie about little things even when there would be no reason to lie and never back down? Not sure if her condition is the exact topic of this thread here.
Yes. Most of the time she lied to get her way. She has an IQ close to 160 so quite bright. And never thought she was wrong about 1 thing in her life, ever. Her life has sucked, feel bad for her now. But I went through literal hell dealing with her raising my daughter. We dated and I broke up with her, multiple times. Hadn't seen her in 2 months when we hooked up for a Sport Fuck. Didn't hear from her again until 2 months later when she told me she was pregnant. Her friends told me she got pregnant on purpose to get me back. And later found out something similar happened with her husband that she eventually divorced and some poor guy that dated her a couple years after me.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
Was randomly thinking about this guy I was in the Corps with today. No matter what you were talking about this dude would also join in and have to one-up with some experience he had that was related to the conversation. Would make outrageous claims that could easily be checked and proven false but no matter how much evidence you showed he would not back down and would all of sudden change the story to match the evidence you just showed him. Was super weird but fascinating at the same time how the human mind could be warped like that. Anyone else ever deal with these type of individuals?

One of the best sales guy that reports to me is one. Good dude, good sales guy, etc but he tells some pretty tall tales. It's weird because he has so much going for him.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Trust me, we've gone through numerous therapists, with no results...
To be fair, I would lie and deny just about anything growing up if I thought I could weasel my way out of trouble. Pretty much even when it was clear as day I did it. I wouldn't say I was ever a compulsive liar, I just didn't want to face the punishment. Especially bc they were usually pretty severe. Do you think it could be that, or is he just lying to lie?

And for the record, I hate liars nowadays. I might tell a small white lie here and there mostly to avoid someone getting hurt but that's about it.

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
To be fair, I would lie and deny just about anything growing up if I thought I could weasel my way out of trouble. Pretty much even when it was clear as day I did it. I wouldn't say I was ever a compulsive liar, I just didn't want to face the punishment. Especially bc they were usually pretty severe. Do you think it could be that, or is he just lying to lie?

And for the record, I hate liars nowadays. I might tell a small white lie here and there mostly to avoid someone getting hurt but that's about it.
200.gif

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

He's lying just to lie... His biological Dad is the same way. It is so damn frustrating...

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Worked with a guy that had some of the best stories.

Killed a deer that was charging him with a 4×4.

Was working on the runway at the airport and a plane landed on the wrong runway (his). Wing knocked his hard hat right off his head.

Those were two of the best ones but there were hundreds like it. We started making up stories just so N he would top it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds