Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone have a Peleton? (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just download Tae Bo Garrett. Way cheaper.....and you'll discover muscles that haven't been used.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Niece and her husband have a peloton which they said they love. I should get the post Covid update from them.

I'm interested in Tonal gym.... I've heard nothing but really good things but the upfront cost and $50 a month is really harsh and the thing is highly limited without the subscription. They need tiers and live classes with beautiful naked women at that price....then they could charge $100/mo.

I bought a Tonal for the wife about a year and a half ago and I use it all of the time. They do have live classes, but alas, no naked women. The AI that comes with the subscription is well worth the $50/month to me. My FIL, who is an all natural body builder, uses it when he comes to visit and he's pretty impressed by it.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I bought a Tonal for the wife about a year and a half ago and I use it all of the time. They do have live classes, but alas, no naked women. The AI that comes with the subscription is well worth the $50/month to me. My FIL, who is an all natural body builder, uses it when he comes to visit and he's pretty impressed by it.
Thanks for the response. More work, more responsibility, and more $$ has led to a lot more hours sitting.... I'm inching closer to pulling the trigger. I feel like I've aged 15 years in the last 5 and I need to get going.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pics of the ol man?

Loomie21

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Thanks for the response. More work, more responsibility, and more $$ has led to a lot more hours sitting.... I'm inching closer to pulling the trigger. I feel like I've aged 15 years in the last 5 and I need to get going.
I bought one for my wife and I about a year ago. Shortly after we got it I knocked her up and I got deployed. She was pretty sick through the pregnancy so didn't get much use out of it. I used it for about a month before I left. The 200lb limit seems like it wouldn't be enough but it feels much heavier than I expected. I had to do high rep work for the big leg movements but other than that it was pretty solid. When I get home here soon I will be able to get back to it and give you better feedback.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I bought one for my wife and I about a year ago. Shortly after we got it I knocked her up and I got deployed. She was pretty sick through the pregnancy so didn't get much use out of it. I used it for about a month before I left. The 200lb limit seems like it wouldn't be enough but it feels much heavier than I expected. I had to do high rep work for the big leg movements but other than that it was pretty solid. When I get home here soon I will be able to get back to it and give you better feedback.
Thanks. I've read a bit on the 200lb limit and everything says it feels considerably heavier than free weights because it applies equal resistance throughout the movement, both up and down. As long as someone isn't expecting to powerlift with it, I'd think it would be adequate.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Thanks. I've read a bit on the 200lb limit and everything says it feels considerably heavier than free weights because it applies equal resistance throughout the movement, both up and down. As long as someone isn't expecting to powerlift with it, I'd think it would be adequate.

General rule of thumb is that it feels 1.25 times traditional weight. I can tell you that when I have yo work out in a hotel gym, I'm putting up much heavier weight than on my tonal. The true benefit is the AI modes like eccentric, chains, smartflex, and spotter. Some you can't do at all with traditional weights and some would require you to have another person present.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
General rule of thumb is that it feels 1.25 times traditional weight. I can tell you that when I have yo work out in a hotel gym, I'm putting up much heavier weight than on my tonal. The true benefit is the AI modes like eccentric, chains, smartflex, and spotter. Some you can't do at all with traditional weights and some would require you to have another person present.
The spotter feature and the strength scoring is what interests me. My right shoulder is just about shot and I have to be real careful going past 90 degrees with a free weight. When I lift, it starts to feel better but it only takes one wrong move and I'm out of lifting for a month. Being able to get that extra rep or 2 in without the risk of hurting yourself is big. I don't think the 200 LB limit would be a problem for me. If it is, Tonal has done its job and it will have been worth it.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG
Any of you turds dropping $3,200 for the rower
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Anybody got one of these motherfuckers?

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
Anybody got one of these motherfuckers?

No, but I have been looking into a different AI driven physical experience...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds