Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone else panicking....

(Also) From the Athletic today:

Wide receiver

Starters: Kade Warner (Jr.), Levi Falck (Sr.), Wan’Dale Robinson (Soph.)
Backups: Wyatt Liewer (Soph.), Chris Hickman (RFr.), Alante Brown (Fr.)

A couple of shots in the dark on Falck, the grad transfer from South Dakota, and Hickman, who progressed well late last year and into 2020 after moving from tight end but has not been mentioned often by coaches or teammates this fall.

The ultimate wild card is Omar Manning, the newcomer rated as the No. 2 prospect nationally in junior college last year. Manning, at 6-4 and 225 pounds, fits as the Huskers No. 1 receiving target when he’s healthy and available. But he’s missed practice time recently while dealing with personal issues and an injury situation, according to Frost.

The coach was evasive this week when asked about Manning’s expected availability for the trip to Columbus next week.

“We need him out there (at practice) more consistently if he’s going to help us the way we expect him to,” Frost said.

Warner earned a scholarship this fall and has taken hold of a leadership role among the pass catchers. Robinson and Brown are dynamic playmakers at slot receiver, but they, too, have battled injuries in camp.

Liewer, a 6-3 walk-on, has earned praise from Frost and Martinez. Falck received regular mention in camp. He showed in 2018 when healthy that he could play at this level, recording 11 catches for 140 yards against top Kansas State cornerback Duke Shelley.

Lubick has a load of skill among first- and second-year receivers in Zavier Betts, Marcus Fleming, Jamie Nance and Demariyon Houston. Any of them might emerge. But the shift of Brody Belt from running back to receiver shows that Nebraska is leaving nothing to chance in trying to build depth.

+++

I think going 5-4 or better shows we are moving in the right direction. 4-5 is probably a small step forward but I can’t say I’d be too excited about that. I don’t even want to think about winning fewer than 4.

FPI has us going 3-6. A podcast I was listening to today had one host predict 2-6 regular season for NU and another predict 1-7. Sheesh!
I’ve been saying since the schedule cam out, 4 is the ceiling. We can be better and only get 4 wins.

tenor.gif
I don’t care what provoked that crazy woman, but those eyes are natures way of saying ”don’t touch” and “keep a large distance from”

(Also) From the Athletic today:

Wide receiver

Starters: Kade Warner (Jr.), Levi Falck (Sr.), Wan’Dale Robinson (Soph.)
Backups: Wyatt Liewer (Soph.), Chris Hickman (RFr.), Alante Brown (Fr.)

A couple of shots in the dark on Falck, the grad transfer from South Dakota, and Hickman, who progressed well late last year and into 2020 after moving from tight end but has not been mentioned often by coaches or teammates this fall.

The ultimate wild card is Omar Manning, the newcomer rated as the No. 2 prospect nationally in junior college last year. Manning, at 6-4 and 225 pounds, fits as the Huskers No. 1 receiving target when he’s healthy and available. But he’s missed practice time recently while dealing with personal issues and an injury situation, according to Frost.

The coach was evasive this week when asked about Manning’s expected availability for the trip to Columbus next week.

“We need him out there (at practice) more consistently if he’s going to help us the way we expect him to,” Frost said.

Warner earned a scholarship this fall and has taken hold of a leadership role among the pass catchers. Robinson and Brown are dynamic playmakers at slot receiver, but they, too, have battled injuries in camp.

Liewer, a 6-3 walk-on, has earned praise from Frost and Martinez. Falck received regular mention in camp. He showed in 2018 when healthy that he could play at this level, recording 11 catches for 140 yards against top Kansas State cornerback Duke Shelley.

Lubick has a load of skill among first- and second-year receivers in Zavier Betts, Marcus Fleming, Jamie Nance and Demariyon Houston. Any of them might emerge. But the shift of Brody Belt from running back to receiver shows that Nebraska is leaving nothing to chance in trying to build depth.

+++
Who the hell is Levi Falck? Lol

"Wes Welker" type. The transfer from South Dakota. I remember him from their spring game a few years ago.
Pretty sure if it was the spring game and we're talking about a wide receiver, it was Tyrell Spain

When you hire an inexperienced coach, you are bound to have growing pains. Hopefully he can figure it out, but I’m not holding my breath at this point.

WRs suck. LBs suck. Current DL recruiting sucks. DB recruiting is fine until they get on campus and leave.
Dear Dr. Phil....

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back